It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:47 pm

FeedReader w/ sorting

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
Commander2311

Re: FeedReader w/ sorting

Post by Commander2311 »

Screenshot 2023-08-26 144538.png
I have a question, so I installed the skin from the DA-link, got it to run my personal reddit rss feed but at the bottom instead of showing the icons from your screenshot it only shows "u v w x y z" how do i change that?
And how can i make the background transparent?
Also where to change the height and width of the widget?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Commander2311 wrote: August 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm... at the bottom instead of showing the icons from your screenshot it only shows "u v w x y z" how do i change that?
This skin needs the Wingdings 2 and Webdings fonts to be installed on your computer. The fonts come with older versions of Microsoft Word but you can download them from here -> https://www.wfonts.com/font/wingdings-2 and here -> https://www.fonts.com/font/microsoft-corporation/webdings/regular
Commander2311 wrote: August 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm And how can i make the background transparent?
Open the Feedreader-Sorted.ini file and scroll down to line 195. Then make the following changes

Code: Select all

;=== [  meters  ]
[Background]
Meter=IMAGE
;;;;;;;;;; SolidColor=281c01aa
SolidColor=ffffff01
H=238
W=#PanelWidth#
UpdateDivider=-1

[InnerBackground]
Meter=IMAGE
;;;;;;;;;;; SolidColor=0e0a00
SolidColor=0e0a0001
X=2
Y=2
H=234
W=(#PanelWidth#-4)
UpdateDivider=-1
Commander2311 wrote: August 26th, 2023, 12:49 pmAlso where to change the height and width of the widget?
Open the Feedreader-Sorted.ini file and scroll down to line 19 and change the value of PanelWidth=300 to whatever width you fancy to change the width.

If you want to change the height of the skin you will have to change a few of the variables in [sFeedText] on line 45 as well as the H= values in the [Background] and [InnerBackground] meters above.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mordasius wrote: August 26th, 2023, 4:59 pm This skin needs the Wingdings 2 and Webdings fonts to be installed on your computer. The fonts come with older versions of Microsoft Word but you can download them from here -> https://www.wfonts.com/font/wingdings-2 and here -> https://www.fonts.com/font/microsoft-corporation/webdings/regular
Didn't you updated your skin in 2018 to include these fonts with it? I mean, If they're placed in \@Resources\Fonts, then the user wouldn't necessarily need to install them on his computer, right? :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Yincognito wrote: August 26th, 2023, 5:43 pm Didn't you updated your skin in 2018 to include these fonts with it?
Oh yes I did. I must admit I don't have the FeedReader w/ sorting skin installed anymore; I just cut and pasted the answers from above.

The problem seems to be with the WingDings 2 font installed on Commander2311's computer. It works well enough on my machine. Short of deleting that font from the skin and my computer (which I don't particularly want to do) I can't think of a way to find out what is going on. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Commander2311

Post by Commander2311 »

Thank you very much for your help Mordasius!

I was also able to change width, height and make the background transparent!

Also regarding Wingdings 2, i read your previous comment and also thought you'd also included the 2 fonts already in the actual rmskin file.
So for your information, after installing the wingdings 2 font my setup changed to the following (see attachment). Installing the webdings font on the other hand didn't change anything!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Mordasius wrote: August 27th, 2023, 10:54 am Oh yes I did. I must admit I don't have the FeedReader w/ sorting skin installed anymore; I just cut and pasted the answers from above.

The problem seems to be with the WingDings 2 font installed on Commander2311's computer. It works well enough on my machine. Short of deleting that font from the skin and my computer (which I don't particularly want to do) I can't think of a way to find out what is going on. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Well, the problem is solved by now, but to answer the question, temporarily uninstalling the said font (for installed ones) and/or moving it to another location (for resource ones) does the same, no need to delete anything. If you already have the font file(s) and the programs using them properly scan for fonts on start, it's a matter of a few right and left clicks, really - and you can easily install or move them back once you're done.

I do have an almost complete skin listing / selecting from all fonts in all locations in the system, listing / selecting / iterating from all 65536 Unicode characters supported by Rainmeter in those fonts (an older work improved recently), but I'm not sure it's necessary now that the issue is gone...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth