It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 3:27 pm

We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Release announcements and important news from the developers.
Samus Aran

Re: We could lose AccuWeather folks!!!!!

Post by Samus Aran »

Thank you! :)
maranello

Post by maranello »

for about 4 hours now my skin lost the feed and it's blank...
anyone having this issue?

/seems to work fine now, lets hope they will leave us alone for a long time...:D
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Nope no issues on my end...But I guess I should advise that massive site and code updates are planned with AccuWeather Between now and February 14th....That was the last I heard regarding updates back in October...so this may effect service
TitaniumDust

Post by TitaniumDust »

Oops, I just made a modification of one of sgtevmckay's weather skins using AccuWeather, and I set the update interval to 15 mins. Should I increase it? I really wouldn't want to go any less than 30 mins or so. By the way, I hope it was ok that I modified your modified skin, sgtevmckay. ;)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

TitaniumDust wrote:Oops, I just made a modification of one of sgtevmckay's weather skins using AccuWeather, and I set the update interval to 15 mins. Should I increase it? I really wouldn't want to go any less than 30 mins or so. By the way, I hope it was ok that I modified your modified skin, sgtevmckay. ;)

No problem...you are welcome to make any canges your require 8-)

I would recommend not updating any more than once every twenty minutes as that is how often the feed updates (3 times an hour), so hitting Accuweather more often is pointless.

Have fun, and I would like to see what you have done, when you are done :D
TitaniumDust

Post by TitaniumDust »

OK, all done! I changed it to 20 mins, and I had already modified the web parser to only retrieve the feed once and parse all 5 days from that. So that means the skin only fetches one feed 3 times an hour now, and I have it fetching IOHelix data every 2 hours.

http://www.customize.org/rainmeter/skins/67963
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

:sthumbsu:
exotoa95

Post by exotoa95 »

Phew, just check the skin i dev, for this. Sorry about not reading this thread earlier, but im happy to report everything was in okie dokie with is checking every 15 min and all else in correctness, ill be sure to check next time for further stuff
-îsคค¢

"For art is what defines us, shapes us, without art who will be us?"
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Here is, apparently, the final word on this matter folks

I received this today:
I hope all is well. I am sending you notification that we will be disabling the data feed in the next few days. What was a few thousands requests daily has become far beyond what we talked about and the requests continue to increase. I congratulate you on your success as a user group but I apologize for not being able to continue the support. Please understand this is a business decision and based on the escalating cost of serving the data. I wish you and your group continued success in the future and thank you for taking the time to try and work with me.

All the best,

Joe Gore
So I hope that everyone is prepared

Regards
The Sarge
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

:deadhorse:

How many times now have they said they are cutting the feed.
This must be the third or fourth time :?:
oh well :0
Maybe you'll receive another mail in another 3-4 months saying the same Sarge :?