It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:41 pm

How to display animation in Rainmeter

Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Community
JWood

Re: How to display animation in Rainmeter

Post by JWood »

Not up to speed on TransitionUpdate. Still not up to speed on using simple formulas. However, after playing with this code this I would like to provide it for anyone who looking to animate just the Meter and not the whole Skin. Took me forever to figure out how to use the !RainmeterMoveMeter with proper argument. So this is for anyone wanting to experiment with animation in their meters. Now if I could only figure out how to make it move backward once MovePositionX hit 300?

[Rainmeter]
Update=50

[MeasurePositionX]
Measure=Calc
Formula=(MeasurePositionX)+1
IfAboveValue=300
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterDisableMeasure MeasurePositionX][!RainmeterDisableMeasure MeasureMove][!RainmeterDisableMeasure MeasureAnimation]

[MeasurePositionY]
Measure=Calc
Formula=0

[MeasureMove]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Counter % 2
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute [!RainmeterMoveMeter [MeasurePositionX] [MeasurePositionY] MeterAnimation]

[MeasureAnimation]
Measure=CALC
Formula=Counter % 5

[MeterAnimation]
Meter=BITMAP
MeasureName=MeasureAnimation
BitmapImage=silver_horse.png
BitmapFrames=5
BitmapExtend=1
smk

Post by smk »

how fast do the animation change frames, every secound or faster??
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

The framerate is entirely dependent on the Update rate. It could be once per second, it could be 30 times per second. It's up to you to set that value.
ImageImageImageImage
smk

Post by smk »

yes i know, but i tired the skin before, and i put the update on the two extreams and nothing realy changed
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

I have made a Wifi animation for use on my desktop and want to share it with the other rainees.

I take no credit for the code as it is made by Kenzo posted on this forum.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Well done 8-)

Do you mind I f I take a mod of this for my skin?
Yelleke

Post by Yelleke »

I dont mind, have fun.
CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

I used Litestep for many years, up until I had to switch to Vista:( There used to be a plugin/dll called layercut. It allowed you to have multi-state animated .png buttons on your desktop, using the .png "filmstrip" images that you are using here, and that is basically what I am trying to re-create now with rainmeter. This thread is getting close to what I want to do, however, can you think of a way to have an animated "idle" button, which then changes to another animation for "mouse-over" and then a third for "left-click"? I have been heart broken for years now since I can no longer run Litestep and have lost this ability. I know there are other desktop replacments out there, and I have played with some, but none are as cpu and resource efficient as Litestep was. Between RightClick from Stardock, and now Rainmeter, I am slowly getting my desktop back in shape! };] Thanks for any help!
Chewtoy

Post by Chewtoy »

CybOrSpasm wrote:I used Litestep for many years, up until I had to switch to Vista:( There used to be a plugin/dll called layercut. It allowed you to have multi-state animated .png buttons on your desktop, using the .png "filmstrip" images that you are using here, and that is basically what I am trying to re-create now with rainmeter. This thread is getting close to what I want to do, however, can you think of a way to have an animated "idle" button, which then changes to another animation for "mouse-over" and then a third for "left-click"? I have been heart broken for years now since I can no longer run Litestep and have lost this ability. I know there are other desktop replacments out there, and I have played with some, but none are as cpu and resource efficient as Litestep was. Between RightClick from Stardock, and now Rainmeter, I am slowly getting my desktop back in shape! };] Thanks for any help!
Regarding shell replacements, I'm using bbLean myself on win7 and it works just fine when you turn off that stupid aero (might be what's destorying LS for you too). bbLean and LiteStep are very similar, so you just might like it a bit.

Now to the Rainmeter part.
You could have some sort of counter when the icon is idle. The counter would ofc display the animation you want. Upon mouseover you switch images and animation, same with click.
You really could do it with MouseOver, MouseLeave, ButtonDown and counters.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/MouseActions_beta
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Measures-Calc_beta
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Tips-AnimatedGIF

That should get you started on something. :)
I don't think, therefore I'm not.
broken303

Post by broken303 »

hi, im new to rainmeter and trying to rebuild an animus (assassins creed) desktop, wherefore i need an animation.

the given examples are working, but not for me, because i want the animation to be 1680 pixels wide and 23 frames. unfortunately tis "easy" way would be to large to be an .png file.
because the image is one long DNA structure i thought of another method. my question would be if this could work, and if yes how:

if i'd just give positions to the skin, wherefrom it shows the next 1680 pixels of the image (or more, wouldn't be on the screen...), and that as often as i want frames in the animation.

|o o o|o o o|o o o|o o o o o o o...
-------------
........-------------

This would be the first frame
This would be the second frame
and the "o"s represent the image

hope this explains what i want ^^