It is currently April 18th, 2024, 11:01 am

no skins available?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
sgiordano

no skins available?

Post by sgiordano »

evening,

i just installed rainmeter today, and after trying out a few different skins i came across a mass effect theme. after trying to use it, rainmeter seems to have become unresponsive. when i try to install the skin, it won't work, and when i try to go to rainmeter's icon to try to run it, that will not work either.

any ideas on what this could be? after i tried to uninstall and reinstall, rainmeter gave me an install error stating that there were no available skins at documents/rainmeter/skins which to me makes no sense, since the program should install this folder...i tried to make the folder manually, and unzipping this mass effect theme worked then, however, it is still not responsive.

thanks for the help.
poiru
Developer

Re: no skins available?

Post by poiru »

Can you try closing/killing Rainmeter and then removing the Rainmeter.ini file in %APPDATA%\Rainmeter? It will reset your settings.
narcsisuss

Post by narcsisuss »

I'm having this same problem. Fresh install of rainmeter from rainmeter.net. I get the same error. When I go into my ini file I don't see a variable for it:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Logging=0

[illustro\Clock]
Active=1
WindowX=(#SCREENAREAWIDTH#-200)
WindowY=0

[illustro\Disk]
Active=2
WindowY=176

[illustro\System]
Active=1
WindowY=68

[illustro\Welcome]
Active=1
WindowX=50.000000%
WindowY=50.000000%
AnchorX=50.000000%
AnchorY=50.000000%
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Can you go to About / Version from the Rainmeter context menu, and using the Copy to clipboard button, post the values it gives you here?

Please check this to see it it is a factor in your installation:

https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?f=118&t=30869#p157423

I suggest this, as I'm concerned that your Rainmeter.ini apparently has no entry for SkinPath= in the [Rainmeter] section which is always filled in on a successful installation. This would tend to lead me to a suspicion that Rainmeter was not able to "write" to your standard Documents folder.