It is currently April 28th, 2024, 9:45 am

Wind Speed & Direction

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
shiraz07

Wind Speed & Direction

Post by shiraz07 »

Are there any weather forecast skins that display wind speed & direction?
Having searched,there only appears to be skins displaying current wind stats.Seems remiss when being alerted could avert potential damage in the event of forthcoming storms.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Wind Speed & Direction

Post by jsmorley »

I don't think any of the more well known feeds have any "forecast" of wind conditions. Only the "current" speed and direction.
shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

OK,fair enough,that explains it.
I wanted to emulate the BBC weather to a certain extent by grabbing their icons.Got so far but obviously unable to add in the windroses.

shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

These are 9 dayers (top based on Omnimo weather dimensions), tidied up a bit & using different locations:

MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I don't know if the more popular weather sites even provide forecast wind information in their feeds. Perhaps information like that can't be forecast accurately or they want you to visit their site for some kind of information.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

shiraz07 wrote:I wanted to emulate the BBC weather to a certain extent by grabbing their icons.Got so far but obviously unable to add in the windroses.
Sorry for the late post but I only just came across this while looking for something else.

I think you can get the forecast wind speed and direction from weather.com. For example, the 5-day forecast for London has wind information as:

Code: Select all

<wind>
	<s>16</s>
	<gust>N/A</gust>
	<d>271</d>
	<t>W</t>
</wind>
I think .*<wind>.*<s>(.*)</s>.*<d>(.*)</d> dropped into the appropriate parts of your RegExp= should give you StringIndex No.s for the wind speed and direction for your windroses.
shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

Great stuff,thanks for that.
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

You can check out my skin http://vclouds.deviantart.com/art/VClouds-Weather-2-179058977. it has day/night forecast wind speed and direction that can be displayed by placing the mouse over the forecast icons and showing a tooltip popup.
shiraz07

Post by shiraz07 »

Hi,I've installed vClouds but am struggling to get any tool tip pop up info on mouseover for wind data,but that is more likely to be me at fault than your skin to be fair.
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

You simply need to put the mouse cursor over one of the forecast weather icon: