It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:11 am

New forum style

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
Mordasius

Re: New forum style

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:So you are not getting the "attach" dialog(s) when you create a post in this thread?
That's right. just tried to do a media fire thing to show the screenshots but better I open a separate thread here which you can delete later.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mordasius wrote: That's right. just tried to do a media fire thing to show the screenshots but better I open a separate thread here which you can delete later.
I will look into it, but I suspect we just have "attach" turned off for normal users in this "News & Announcement" forum.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote: I will look into it, but I suspect we just have "attach" turned off for normal users in this "News & Announcement" forum.
Fine.. but you might also like to check that I haven't been banned as I can't seem to start a new thread anywhere. :-(
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mordasius wrote: Fine.. but you might also like to check that I haven't been banned as I can't seem to start a new thread anywhere. :-(
Well, you certainly have not been banned, and others are creating threads like crazy, so I'm betting you still have some kind of cache issue.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:... so I'm betting you still have some kind of cache issue.
Don't know what it is then cos I just re-started the computer and cleared the Firefox cache (11 mb). I then switched to WaterFox 9.0 but still no joy. No dialog to attach images.

Guess I better just sleep on it and expect everything to be ok in the morning.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mordasius wrote: Don't know what it is then cos I just re-started the computer and cleared the Firefox cache (11 mb). I then switched to WaterFox 9.0 but still no joy. No dialog to attach images.

Guess I better just sleep on it and expect everything to be ok in the morning.
The attachment thing I'm not so concerned about, as I said, I suspect it is just a permissions issue. Can you create a new thread in WaterFox?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:I suspect it is just a permissions issue. Can you create a new thread in WaterFox?
I can in create a New Topic and attach images in 'Change announcements' but not in 'Site discussion' or 'Rainmeter News'. That applies to both FireFox and WaterFox.

P.S. I've got screenshots to prove this was no aberration related to the excellent bottle of Petaluma Shiraz I had with my supper!
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Can you create threads in other areas of the forums? Outside of the "News & Announcements" area?
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote:Can you create threads in other areas of the forums? Outside of the "News & Announcements" area?
Yup.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Mordasius wrote: Yup.
Ok, when I get a second I will look at permissions in this area and see if they need some kind of tuning.