It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:55 am

New forum style

Discussions about the documentation, main Rainmeter site and forums.
jsmorley
Developer

New forum style

Post by jsmorley »

I added a new style that you can try out under "User Control Panel / Board Preferences". It is called 'Serenity' and is a wide / light style that follows the theme of the main webslte. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
smurfier

Re: New forum style

Post by smurfier »

It's so light that I'm having a hard time seeing a lot of buttons and indicators.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

smurfier wrote:It's so light that I'm having a hard time seeing a lot of buttons and indicators.
Probably take some getting used to, or it may not be your cup of tea. I am leaving all existing styles as well, so we have choices.
AlC

Post by AlC »

Yes, it's bright. General the style is not bad and would looks good beside the theme of the main website.
But for me it's too bright and not good for the eyes. That's why I love the Rainbow Pearl_Gold theme (so pleasant for the eyes) and why I wasn't so happy when you changed the theme of the main website. That's my personal opinion.
I am leaving all existing styles as well, so we have choices.
So are you want delete the other themes in the future maybe?
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I really like it, myself. :) Certainly better than the current default. Very clean.

I would suggest a "max-width" on the page content, around 900 pixels or so. Otherwise, the dead space on widescreen monitors is cavernous.

smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Kaelri wrote:I would suggest a "max-width" on the page content, around 900 pixels or so. Otherwise, the dead space on widescreen monitors is cavernous.
I would like that very much.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'll do a "narrow version" as well. I like the wide myself, as although you are right that on the main page it creates a lot of "dead space", it works nice when you are actually reading topics / posts and they are not so long. I'll do a 900px wide version and see how it looks.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

AlC wrote:Yes, it's bright. General the style is not bad and would looks good beside the theme of the main website.
But for me it's too bright and not good for the eyes. That's why I love the Rainbow Pearl_Gold theme (so pleasant for the eyes) and why I wasn't so happy when you changed the theme of the main website. That's my personal opinion. So are you want delete the other themes in the future maybe?
I don't see any reason to remove any of the existing ones. Then you can use what you like.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Hit shft-refresh (F5) and see if that works for you Kaelri...
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Much better.