It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:25 am

Desktop Work Area

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
razormint21

Desktop Work Area

Post by razormint21 »

Good day, so i've been tinkering with rainmeter for a while, and i came across the command DesktopWorkArea.
I have a laptop with a default resolution of 1366 x 768. And i must say that the command works wonders for me. I was able to mimic another taskbar with the command.

Now my concern is, can this be modified so that DesktopWorkArea adapts when i use an external monitor with higher resolutions?
My line for the 1366x768 setup is DesktopWorkArea=0,22,1366,724(I have a 22px allowance for a bar on the top)
sets a new work area for the desktop. The workarea defines the area maximized windows cover. Use four comma separated values to set the location of the top-left and bottom-right corners of the area (e.g. DesktopWorkArea=0,0,1500,1200). Note that moving the taskbar will reset the workarea to Windows' default, as will changing screen resolution. If you have multiple monitors, you can set the DesktopWorkArea for a specific monitor by adding @ and the number of the monitor to the end of DesktopWorkArea. DesktopWorkArea= or DesktopWorkArea@0= is the primary monitor, and DesktopWorkArea@1-@xx is a specific monitor.
Is there a way to for this to automatically adjust for when i change resolutions? Can the values be something like "xres-44" so that i dont have to modifiy the work area every time i change resolutions? Part of the skin i'm using is sort of reliant on DesktopWorkArea, so every time i change resolutions, the (task)bar is clipped, stuck to 1366px length, even when i'm at 1920x1080 already.

Or will i be better off with DeskCoral? Any input will be greatly appreciated.
franjorge

Re: Desktop Work Area

Post by franjorge »

Hi,

Have you found a way to achive the auto-adjustment of DesktopWorkArea when you change from an external monitor to the integrated monitor of your laptop?

I am facing the same 'problem'.

Thanks,
Fran