It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:20 am

RGBA Color Picker

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Peerori

RGBA Color Picker

Post by Peerori »

Hello Forum,
im looking for a RGBA Color Picker.
Why? Because it seems usefull for setting colors.

I googled, haven't found anything web-based yet.

I took this forum, because I would, as a beginner, search here for a RGBA Color picker. :-)

Thanks for your replies.
Peerori

Re: RGBA Color Picker

Post by Peerori »

Sorry Morley, I don't want to be offensive, but I really mean RGBA and not RGB.
Thanks for your ColorPicker "linkcollection", but the only link, that really helped me was this one:
http://www.workwithcolor.com/hsl-color-picker-01.htm

But even this one does not work properly for rainmeter Format (255,255,255,255).
I know I could use the Hexa-Decimal Format. But I just wanted to use the one above.

Thanks so far. And please, the "lmgtfy" site is really not helpfull, because I just mentioned that I used Google.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Peerori wrote:Sorry Morley, I don't want to be offensive, but I really mean RGBA and not RGB.
Thanks for your ColorPicker "linkcollection", but the only link, that really helped me was this one:
http://www.workwithcolor.com/hsl-color-picker-01.htm

But even this one does not work properly for rainmeter Format (255,255,255,255).
I know I could use the Hexa-Decimal Format. But I just wanted to use the one above.

Thanks so far. And please, the "lmgtfy" site is really not helpfull, because I just mentioned that I used Google.
Well, I'm not sure you really need a color tool for the alpha part, it is just 0-255 depending on how transparent you want the element to be. Any of the color pickers should help to get the red,green,blue you want, then just add ,xxx to the end to indicate how transparent you want it to be. If you are looking for a color picker that is also going to show how it is going to look on your skin based on the alpha component, I don't think that is even possible. How it will look is almost entirely dependent on what is behind it, either other Rainmeter elements or your desktop background.
Peerori

Post by Peerori »

I'm sure it would be possible with a flash app. Not really needed, but usefull.
You are completely right and it would indeed be enough, to use one of those standart color pickers. Thanks so far.

If someone else would come up with a RGBA color picker, jsut post it here. I would regret that!

Thanks guys.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Bookmarked! This is very useful as I don't feel like opening up Photoshop every time I am trying to find a color that I would like to use. Thanks a bunch!
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...said the rapist

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Xi.Cynx wrote:Bookmarked! This is very useful as I don't feel like opening up Photoshop every time I am trying to find a color that I would like to use. Thanks a bunch!
This would fall in the "grave digging" category... ;-)
Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Yea, I figured it was a tad old, but it was still on the first page! I'll make sure to keep posting within the 2-3 month range at max. Apologies.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...said the rapist

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Xi.Cynx wrote:Yea, I figured it was a tad old, but it was still on the first page! I'll make sure to keep posting within the 2-3 month range at max. Apologies.
No sweat. In general it isn't necessary to reply to a post that isn't like "today" just to say "thanks for the info". If there is something of value to add to a thread, then the age isn't an issue.