Kotofanchik

Re: Can't pass measure value to web parser

Post by Kotofanchik »

Thank you. I guess I understood. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 7th, 2024, 1:23 pm Thank you. I guess I understood. :)
You're welcome, feel free to ask if there's any area where things are not clear enough to understand. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 6th, 2024, 11:30 pm Should counters or measures that depend on a counter set via !SetOption bang be dynamic variables? Is it enough if they also do !UpdateMeter (measure)?
I think normally it shouldn't, however there might be thousands of details, which should be taken into account. So, not sure, depends...
Yincognito wrote: July 7th, 2024, 1:03 pm Personally, I often don't bother much with all the exceptions and just use DynamicVariables=1 wherever I'm dealing with a changing #variable# or [measure]. Just like you, I also thought about converting my skins into not using DynamicVariables=1 at all in the past, via bangs and !SetOptions, but it's quite an effort for a relatively small gain, it often increases the length of bangs, and in some more complex cases it's just not feasible or possible to do it. :confused:
And let's add one more thing: a while (a decade or more) ago, setting the dynamic variables did count most probably, but in meantime both computers and OS have evolved into a point on which maybe the dynamic variables should have to become default. Most probably the backward compatibility might complicate this, but as far as I see, doesn't really matter if you set the dynamic variables on each meter and each measure of a skin, this doesn't load too much the computer.
Might be wrong, but this is how I see things now...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 7th, 2024, 7:45 pm this doesn't load too much the computer
Indeed. It only becomes significant if the skin itself is already resource intensive. All these effects are cumulative.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 7th, 2024, 8:24 pm Indeed. It only becomes significant if the skin itself is already resource intensive. All these effects are cumulative.
As I see this question, on a decent computer, running a Windows 10 or 11, there is no way to load the computer too much by dynamic variables. My guess, at least.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 8th, 2024, 5:58 am As I see this question, on a decent computer, running a Windows 10 or 11, there is no way to load the computer too much by dynamic variables. My guess, at least.
You're right, not just from dynamic variables. :thumbup: