, just code

Code: Select all

[!SetOption CN1 TimeStamp...
instead.
See docs: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#SetOption
Kotofanchik

Re: Can't pass measure value to web parser

Post by Kotofanchik »

Exactly. Everything is fixed. :) I can continue to poke around. And I had a bunch of [!SetOption MeasureDayMMW_1 TimeStamp "[mfullDate]"] right before my eyes... But I inserted a separate word measure and did not see the error.
Last edited by Kotofanchik on July 2nd, 2024, 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

ikarus1969 wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 6:44 pm There's nothing like

[!SetOption Measure CN1 TimeStamp...
, just code

[!SetOption CN1 TimeStamp...
instead.
See docs: https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#SetOption
For understanding It says Example: !SetOption SomeStringMeter Text "New Text" And I have !SetOption "metertest" "text" "[H[&CN1C]]" I saw someone with quotes and it also works. Why is that?
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 6:51 pm You can continue to poke around.
can't poke around; have to watch the soccer match Austria vs. Turkey (European Championship) ;-)
Good luck for your skin!
ikarus1969

Post by ikarus1969 »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 6:56 pm For understanding It says Example: !SetOption SomeStringMeter Text "New Text" And I have !SetOption "metertest" "text" "[H[&CN1C]]" I saw someone with quotes and it also works. Why is that?
Quotes are not really needed; they are just there for backwards-compatibility. i, personally use them because i'm used to using them - but i'm aware they are optional.
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

!SetOption: Incorrect number of arguments appeared, but everything works. How to find among hundreds !SetOption: ? Apparently, when making edits, I accidentally touched something somewhere, some kind of bracket. Can the log provide more detailed information?
I found where the error was by turning it off in pieces.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 7:14 pm !SetOption: Incorrect number of arguments appeared [...] How to find among hundreds !SetOption: ?
Usually, the place where the error occured is displayed in the Source column from the About > Log window. It doesn't always happen though, especially for more complex cases where Rainmeter can't figure out precisely what is the ultimate source for the error.

P.S. By the way, quotes do have a role: they are used to enclose strings that have spaces in them. That can be important in paths, in arguments for the bangs, etc.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 7:14 pm !SetOption: Incorrect number of arguments appeared, but everything works.
I doubt everything works properly.
But see Yincognito's above reply as well. He didn't explained, however if quotes are missing, for instance from a string which has to be set in the Text option of a string meter, each word of the string is considered as a different parameter. By enclosing that string into quotes, you tell Rainmeter the whole string included into quotes is a single parameter.
Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 7:14 pm How to find among hundreds !SetOption: ? Apparently, when making edits, I accidentally touched something somewhere, some kind of bracket. Can the log provide more detailed information?
Unfortunately it seems it can't. I think you have to look to all those bangs, to find the incorrect one.
Kotofanchik wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 7:14 pm I found where the error was by turning it off in pieces.
So finally did you or didn't find the mistaken bang?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 8:15 pmHe didn't explained
I actually wanted to say exactly what you said, but opted for a shorter answer. Thanks for clarifying that better, it was probably needed here. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Kotofanchik

Post by Kotofanchik »

balala wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 8:15 pm

So finally did you or didn't find the mistaken bang?
Yes, I found it. But everything worked because next came a team doing the same thing, but correctly. I had a timer there and I reset it incorrectly, and then correctly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kotofanchik on July 6th, 2024, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.