It is currently June 29th, 2024, 5:54 am

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:32 pm That said, I'm still confused and now I'm not sure if he fixed it. :(
It seems it's not quite fixed. I can't get location search working. The skin works, but the Weather.com\WeatherComCodes\WeatherComCodes.ini skin seems not to be working.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

balala wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:51 pm It seems it's not quite fixed. I can't get location search working. The skin works, but the Weather.com\WeatherComCodes\WeatherComCodes.ini skin seems not to be working.
Exactly, and I use those docs in every skin/suite I make.
Someone said, "Your thinking too much, so I thought more."
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Thinkr8 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:58 pm Exactly, and I use those docs in every skin/suite I make.
Which docs? Can't follow. But what I know is that for jsmorley's skin, even if the settings skin is not working, you can manually enter the place you want to use the skin for into the Weather.com\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file and refresh the skin. Not the most confortable way, but you can do this. And can hope for an update of the skin by the author.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thinkr8 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:32 pm Yes, I'm talking about JSMorley Weather.com skin. I'm aware he fixed it. Poorly made statement, sorry.

This forum confuses me and that's why I make mistakes. it'll prolly never end. :(

That said, I'm still confused and now I'm not sure if he fixed it. :(
*I* fixed it and posted the replacement skin. It is definitely working.

Make sure you enter the location and press <Enter>, then click the search icon. Rainmeter requires pressing enter on a textbox.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 173915.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

SilverAzide wrote: June 24th, 2024, 9:36 pm *I* fixed it and posted the replacement skin. It is definitely working.

Make sure you enter the location and press <Enter>, then click the search icon. Rainmeter requires pressing enter on a textbox.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 173915.png
Thank you SilverAzide can you link me to it please. :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thinkr8 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:58 pm Exactly, and I use those docs in every skin/suite I make.
balala wrote: June 24th, 2024, 9:21 pm Which docs? Can't follow. But what I know is that for jsmorley's skin, even if the settings skin is not working, you can manually enter the place you want to use the skin for into the Weather.com\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file and refresh the skin. Not the most confortable way, but you can do this. And can hope for an update of the skin by the author.
Hold up a bit, I spoke too soon.

It looks to me like openstreetmap is playing some games. Their API is working, but they are only returning a single address. It looks like they are blocking Rainmeter's WebParser using something OTHER THAN the UserAgent string to detect it. If you use WebParser's default UserAgent, they block your request completely. If you use the USerAgent we recently adjusted per their request, they are returning a single result. If you spoof the UserAgent, they again are blocking completely.

Interesting...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Thinkr8 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 9:50 pm Thank you SilverAzide can you link me to it please. :)
It's in the Featured Guide forum at the top, Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON. but read my post above.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

TY, interesting indeed. :)

EDIT: ...manually entering Lat & Long, yes, I knew that, TY :)
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Looks to me like they are now limiting the API query to a single result. Unfortunate.
Thinkr8

Post by Thinkr8 »

SilverAzide wrote: June 24th, 2024, 10:15 pm Looks to me like they are now limiting the API query to a single result. Unfortunate.
I'm not getting any results, no matter which city in the world I enter. TY :)