It is currently September 7th, 2024, 11:22 pm

Skin behind taskbar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
sl23

Re: Skin behind taskbar

Post by sl23 »

Completely agree. I couldn't tell you how many people I've met at work that believe they are open and 'clued up' yet just can't understand the basics!

Think 'WALL-E' that's where it's headed! :rolmfao: Seriously though, I think it's being done on purpose. I'm open and honest, to a fault, and I treat others the same, yet it's stunning how closed and dishonest others are. One of the reasons I dislike the majority. All skills will be lost and dependence on the Money Masters is a given. Most are clueless how utterly corrupt ALL societies are, not just the ones in 3rd world, but 1st world too. It's more devious, sly, hidden. It's the ones who crave control over others that are the problem.

I often look at how technology is advancing and how well devices are programmed even little things like hifi's, handheld devices and stuff, and think I could've done a better job if I could program. When I was at school I found it boring but wish I'd learned how to now. So many things you notice how pathetically written it is. How clueless the programmer must have been. No offence, but most of these things are so badly designed it's almost laughable.

And the final nail? It's only gonna get worse! Anyway, nuff of that sh*t! I spent nearly 30 years studying philosophy, society, spirituality, it goes nowhere. Life isn't that difficult.
:great:
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yincognito wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 8:03 pm The good thing is that nature has a way of balancing things out, since everything is a cycle. Generally speaking, only our mind should be untouchable and relatively independent, once it's not, it's game over and we become vegetables (or worse).
Exactly, one thing I learnt is that everything is cyclical. Everything has an opposite. That's why they call this existence a duality.
The aim of those with the money is control. But you try and force that control, nobody will oblige and they will revolt. But make them believe they are free, make them believe in democracy, make them believe that you're doing everything in their best interests, for safety, security, freedom, then you enslave them. Because the more you try to keep people safe and secure, the more you take away their freedom. They are opposites.
Sorry. My turn for a rant. Over and out. :bow:
Dex

Post by Dex »

Thanks for the great comments, guys. :welcome:
Yincognito wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 5:21 pm [Regarding Android apps on Windows 11]
That's actually nice to have, though it would be better to not be reliant on Amazon App Store like some reviews suggest.
So, following our recent conversation, I went to look up how it even works, since that Amazon App Store confused me. And, lo and behold, this is how the Microsoft we all know and love treats one of the few key features used to lure people away from Windows 10:
04-07-2024_09-50-32.jpg
But hey, we get Recall, right? Right? :wave

Sometimes, I really don't know whether to laugh or cry when it comes to Microsoft.

Let me end with a fitting quote from YouTube I came across when I researched possible reasons for the sudden abandonment:
Microsoft is the drunk uncle of operating systems.
It does something cool every now and then.
Most of the time it pisses itself and shouts a bunch of slurs from the corner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Haha great quote!

First I've heard about Recall! No thanks!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: July 4th, 2024, 7:58 am So, following our recent conversation, I went to look up how it even works, since that Amazon App Store confused me. And, lo and behold, this is how the Microsoft we all know and love treats one of the few key features used to lure people away from Windows 10:

04-07-2024_09-50-32.jpg
Yeah, it's nothing new, but again, good to know, there goes one of the few nice features of Win 11 out of the Window(s) - it even matches the saying, lol.

To be fair, though, in such cases I'm not even sure it's all Microsoft's fault (beside letting down the user with it), since the whole thing probably has a contractual / commercial side on it when it comes to Amazon, and of course can be considered as part of the mobile area that Microsoft tried in vain to add to Windows (e.g. metro style, Windows Mobile, etc. that had the same fate).

I think that they are really upset that they lost that mobile train for others (aka Google and their ecosystem), and now they pointlessly try to catch up, but on users who obviously don't want to hear about turning their computers into smartphone like devices.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Dex

Post by Dex »

sl23 wrote: July 4th, 2024, 8:51 am Haha great quote!
Yep, it was pretty much on point. :D
First I've heard about Recall! No thanks!
They can stick it where the sun doesn't shine. Luckily, most of the computing world did react as every normal person would and called them out, so it's on the back burner for now. :thumbup:
Yincognito wrote: July 4th, 2024, 9:36 am Yeah, it's nothing new, but again, good to know, there goes one of the few nice features of Win 11 out of the Window(s) - it even matches the saying, lol.

To be fair, though, in such cases I'm not even sure it's all Microsoft's fault (beside letting down the user with it), since the whole thing probably has a contractual / commercial side on it when it comes to Amazon, and of course can be considered as part of the mobile area that Microsoft tried in vain to add to Windows (e.g. metro style, Windows Mobile, etc. that had the same fate).

I think that they are really upset that they lost that mobile train for others (aka Google and their ecosystem), and now they pointlessly try to catch up, but on users who obviously don't want to hear about turning their computers into smartphone like devices.
It's indeed a perfect example of Microsoft from start to finish in a nutshell.

Tbh, their reason is that Google jumped ship, and they were left with Amazon's mediocre app store. But all people ever needed was a way to run app packages, and you don't need a store for that. But, M$ being M$, the Windows Subsystem for Android just had to make a profit because Nadella needs yet another yacht. The reasoning was that it had to carry its ongoing development and support with that revenue, which doesn't happen when people run third-party app packages.

And this is precisely what I can't understand. Even if you’re a one-man company, you always have stuff that generates revenue and other stuff that doesn't. Nonetheless, you have to offer both to cater to your customers, it's the cost of running a business. And as long as it turns a profit when everything is said and done, it's all peachy.

For example, I sell high-priced (for my market segment) devices to business customers. Those come with plenty of questions, that I gladly answer in a prompt and friendly manner without nickel and diming them. That treatment encourages them to stay on board with me and strengthens repeat business for years, sometimes decades. If this were Microsoft, they'd probably just stop answering calls and mails because it doesn't turn an immediate profit and wonder afterward why sales continue to decline as well.

What's next, are they gonna do away with the trash can and the task manager because those two don't generate profit? 8-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: July 4th, 2024, 11:25 am For example, I sell high-priced (for my market segment) devices to business customers. Those come with plenty of questions, that I gladly answer in a prompt and friendly manner without nickel and diming them. That treatment encourages them to stay on board with me and strengthens repeat business for years, sometimes decades. If this were Microsoft, they'd probably just stop answering calls and mails because it doesn't turn an immediate profit and wonder afterward why sales continue to decline as well.
It's actually very easy to understand: your business is still small compared to Microsoft's, which is why you actually NEED the customers, while they DON'T with all their avenues for huge income. For a while now, the biggest part of their income ceased to be strictly consumer related, just like for any other big commercial entity in the world (from various companies to big football / soccer clubs). The bigger one gets the less one cares about consumer satisfaction. At least that's my theory, which seems to be confirmed in practice.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth