It is currently October 4th, 2024, 6:22 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

kaderekusen wrote:i Have the last Beta of rainmeter but this will Dont work with itunes iTunes 10.5.1 x64 in Win7 64bit. an di have change the value of player to itunes. DONT WORK!
Try reinstalling iTunes.
poiru
Developer

J. River Media Center/Jukebox now fully supported!

Post by poiru »

NowPlaying now fully supports J. River Media Center and Media Jukebox. You will need to install int_cad.dll for JRMC/JRMC.

More information at: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68130.msg458376#msg458376

Enjoy! :)
kaderekusen

Post by kaderekusen »

have reinstal itunes but still don't work :(
Matt

Post by Matt »

Just felt the need to hop in here and say thanks again, poiru, for being awesome and making this plugin a reality. :thumbup:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Matt wrote:Just felt the need to hop in here and say thanks again, poiru, for being awesome and making this plugin a reality. :thumbup:
My pleasure :bow:
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

I couldn't find PlayerType=LYRICS in manual http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta
looks like it needs to be added for users to know :)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

~Faradey~ wrote:I couldn't find PlayerType=LYRICS in manual http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta
looks like it needs to be added for users to know :)
It's an undocumented feature (and can be removed or altered without warning), since it hasn't been tested thoroughly. I do not reccomend using releasing skins using it.
MaroonED

Post by MaroonED »

Hi poiru,
I'm aware that it's undocumented. I added it to my own player skin anyway and haven't had any issues with it so far (still running Rainmeter 2.1). I use it with WMP. Just wanted to let you know, that it seems to work well.
MaroonED
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

Hey Poiru, I stumbled across this recently created app that I thought some users would find a nice compliment to NowPlaying. It lets you create hotkeys to control multiple media players (some of which NowPlaying doesn't support yet).

I downloaded it to test but I only have WMP and VLC installed to test with. VLC worked great with your plugin and the Soita skin, however WMP info was not updated in Soita when songs were changed using the Next and Previous hotkeys. I was hoping you might get in contact with Skwire to see if you could figure out why.

You two might be able to help each other add support for more players to each other's project. His app is written in AHK I believe but I'm guessing you guys can probably share some commands.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

dragonmage wrote:Hey Poiru, I stumbled across this recently created app that I thought some users would find a nice compliment to NowPlaying. It lets you create hotkeys to control multiple media players (some of which NowPlaying doesn't support yet).

You two might be able to help each other add support for more players to each other's project. His app is written in AHK I believe but I'm guessing you guys can probably share some commands.
I've tested many of the unsupported players in the past to find out that they don't expose enough information. I would need to write plugins for each of them to retrieve track title, album art, etc.
dragonmage wrote:I downloaded it to test but I only have WMP and VLC installed to test with. VLC worked great with your plugin and the Soita skin, however WMP info was not updated in Soita when songs were changed using the Next and Previous hotkeys. I was hoping you might get in contact with Skwire to see if you could figure out why.
I'll look into this.