It is currently October 4th, 2024, 2:27 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Silvertree

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Silvertree »

poiru wrote: Could you try installing this developer version: http://poiru.net/Rainmeter-2.2-r1000-beta.exe

If that doesn't solve your issue, you might want to try a reinstall of iTunes. Updating iTunes is known to break the COM interface (which is used by 3rd party applications to communicate with iTunes) in some cases.
Thanks! Updating to 2.2 didn't really work for me (but I'll eventually upgrade it to 2.2 anyway) but reinstalling iTunes did the trick.
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

poiru wrote: Could you try installing this developer version: http://poiru.net/Rainmeter-2.2-r1000-beta.exe

If that doesn't solve your issue, you might want to try a reinstall of iTunes. Updating iTunes is known to break the COM interface (which is used by 3rd party applications to communicate with iTunes) in some cases.
YESSSSSSSS ...with Rainmeter-2.2-r1000-beta.exe now all is OK

BIG THANK
Hispanico
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

alex_shaman wrote:..
qtr wrote:..
Unfortunately the promised fixes for you two didn't make it in for this beta as I haven't had the time lately. They will be in the beta next Sunday :)
ToyMachine

Post by ToyMachine »

Could someone please make this plugin work with Songbird?
qtr

Post by qtr »

poiru wrote: Unfortunately the promised fixes for you two didn't make it in for this beta as I haven't had the time lately. They will be in the beta next Sunday :)
thanks for the notice.
Zooropa

Re: Fix for iTunes 10.5

Post by Zooropa »

poiru wrote:For NowPlaying to work with iTunes 10.5 (or higher), you must install a fixed version of NowPlaying. The fix will also be included in the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta release due this Sunday.

1. Download and extract nowplayingfix.zip
2. Depending on your version of Rainmeter, copy NowPlaying.dll either from the x32 or x64 folder.
(If you don't know what version of Rainmeter you have, right-click the Rainmeter tray icon -> About -> Version. You should have either "32-bit" or "64-bit" there.)
3. Make sure Rainmeter is completely closed at this point
4. Go into your Rainmeter Plugins folder (usually located in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins) and paste the NowPlaying.dll file you copied either.

That's it. NowPlaying should now work fine with all versions of iTunes including 10.5.
Ok great news, BUT your link gives this page "oh hai!
i has omnomnom page. sry!!!"

new link please?
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

The fix has been incorporated into the latest Rainmeter 2.2 Beta. :)
Xune531

Post by Xune531 »

It's still a problem for me. And its not just Rainmeter, CAD stopped working too.
I've uninstalled and re-installed Itunes, and I've updated to Rainmeter 2.2
VClouds

Post by VClouds »

Switched to J. River Media Center recently and was wondering if there are plans to support it in rainmeter?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

VClouds wrote:Switched to J. River Media Center recently and was wondering if there are plans to support it in rainmeter?
I looked at JRMC a while back and even started to work on a plugin for it. Unfortunately limitations in the JRMC API made it impossible to create a full-fledged plugin. I'll contact the developers and see what if they are willing to expand the API in a future version of JRMC.
poiru wrote: Unfortunately the promised fixes for you two didn't make it in for this beta as I haven't had the time lately. They will be in the beta next Sunday :)
Didn't make it in for this beta, either :oops: I'll get it done tomorrow and post a link here so you guys can test. Sorry for the delay.