It is currently October 4th, 2024, 2:30 am

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

alex_shaman wrote:And I have found that this trouble founds out when file or filefolder(s) have cyrillyc symbols in name. Does it bug of QCD?
I can confirm your issue with QCD. I'll try to get it fixed for the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta.
Imaginos wrote:I'm running the rainmeter 2.2 beta as of today and this is my first install of any sort of player. I started with a WMP player and found that it launches the player window in order to choose a song to play....is this the normal behavior for all players? That they launch in order for the plugin to work? if so what's the point of the plugin when I could just run the player itself? If the player has to be launched does anyone know of one that will minimize to the system tray so I don't have to deal with it on my taskbar as an open program?
What is the point of a graphical user interface when you could just use a terminal? ;) NowPlaying can't minimize other apps to the taskbar*, but I'm sure they're are tiny utility programs that can do that. Google is your friend :)

* NowPlaying could easily start media players "hidden". It could even work without a media player at all. I could easily do this, but I don't want NowPlaying to be a full-fledged media player. I want it to just display track metadata on the desktop.
Imaginos wrote:Bug? I installed media player classic to see about the above question and when I click on Sotia and edit it, i put in Player=WLM, like the online manual says. When I then hit the open media player button, after a refresh nothing happens at all. I'm running the latest MPC 64 bit version for win 7....and for some reason the close button doesn't work for me either :/
The WLM interface is very limited. Most functions will not work (check manual for detailed info on what works and what doesn't).
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

I download and install nowplayingfix2.zip (on my rainmeter 2.2 beta) but not run....

Thank
Hispanico
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

hispanico wrote:I download and install nowplayingfix2.zip (on my rainmeter 2.2 beta) but not run....

Thank
Hispanico
What do you mean by "not run"? Did you extract and copy the plugin into the correct folder?
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

poiru wrote: I can confirm your issue with QCD. I'll try to get it fixed for the next Rainmeter 2.2 beta.
What is the point of a graphical user interface when you could just use a terminal? ;) NowPlaying can't minimize other apps to the taskbar*, but I'm sure they're are tiny utility programs that can do that. Google is your friend :)

* NowPlaying could easily start media players "hidden". It could even work without a media player at all. I could easily do this, but I don't want NowPlaying to be a full-fledged media player. I want it to just display track metadata on the desktop.
The WLM interface is very limited. Most functions will not work (check manual for detailed info on what works and what doesn't).
Sure WLM may be limited but it should be able to open a directory so you can choose a song to play right? And that's what didn't work in the sotia? skin, which did for WMP.
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

poiru wrote: What do you mean by "not run"? Did you extract and copy the plugin into the correct folder?
Yes. i copy in correct folder but not show track or i canno adjust volume or change song like before..

Hispa
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

hispanico wrote:Yes. i copy in correct folder but not show track or i canno adjust volume or change song like before..

Hispa
Are you on iTunes 10.5? Did you copy the correct version (x32 for 32bit Rainmeter, x64 for 64bit Rainmeter)?
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

poiru wrote: Are you on iTunes 10.5? Did you copy the correct version (x32 for 32bit Rainmeter, x64 for 64bit Rainmeter)?
iTunes 10.5.142 and windows 32bit

Hispa
Silvertree

Post by Silvertree »

Hi, I have Rainmeter v2.1 and I just updated my iTunes to 10.5 so I put in the DLL in the 64bit (where it's installed) section but the now playing isn't working for me. I also tried restarting itunes and restarting the computer but nothing so far.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

hispanico wrote:iTunes 10.5.142 and windows 32bit

Hispa
Silvertree wrote:Hi, I have Rainmeter v2.1 and I just updated my iTunes to 10.5 so I put in the DLL in the 64bit (where it's installed) section but the now playing isn't working for me. I also tried restarting itunes and restarting the computer but nothing so far.
Could you try installing Rainmeter 2.2 beta r1000?

If that doesn't solve your issue, you might want to try a reinstall of iTunes. Updating iTunes is known to break the COM interface (which is used by 3rd party applications to communicate with iTunes) in some cases.
hispanico

Post by hispanico »

poiru wrote: Could you try installing this developer version: http://poiru.net/Rainmeter-2.2-r1000-beta.exe

If that doesn't solve your issue, you might want to try a reinstall of iTunes. Updating iTunes is known to break the COM interface (which is used by 3rd party applications to communicate with iTunes) in some cases.
Thank for help and i try... but the problrem pheraps is also iTunesPlugin.dll ...or not ??

Hispanico