It is currently October 3rd, 2024, 10:41 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Grantp

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by Grantp »

The Cover Art when using WinAmp doesn't always display the correct art even though WinAmp itself is showing the correct Cover Art.

See below Soita showing cover for the wrong album. WinAmp showing correct cover.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Grantp wrote:The Cover Art when using WinAmp doesn't always display the correct art even though WinAmp itself is showing the correct Cover Art.

See below Soita showing cover for the wrong album. WinAmp showing correct cover.
Does that file have embedded art (if so, can you upload the file and send me a PM with a link)? Or is the art saved as a local image (if so, what's the name of the image file)?
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

poiru wrote: Does that file have embedded art (if so, can you upload the file and send me a PM with a link)? Or is the art saved as a local image (if so, what's the name of the image file)?
I am not sure how to tell if file has embedded art I think it has because if you do 'View file info' within Winamp it shows the album cover correctly under the 'Artwork Tab'. Just to make sure I also place file called Cover.jpg in the same folder as the MP3 file
Untitled.png
Here is Mediafire link

http://www.mediafire.com/?o0roxib6fu1m90q
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ReverendDC

Post by ReverendDC »

Great addition to the suite. Great work!

I would really love for you to add in further support for the WLM format, mainly for the Zune desktop software. It is faster and cleaner than WiMP's interface, and is especially useful for those (few and PROUD) people who really enjoy WP7.

Thanks!
renuzit

Post by renuzit »

I would also love to see support for WLM! Thanks! :great:
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

renuzit wrote:I would also love to see support for WLM! Thanks! :great:
The WLM interface is already supported.
ReverendDC wrote:I would really love for you to add in further support for the WLM format, mainly for the Zune desktop software. It is faster and cleaner than WiMP's interface, and is especially useful for those (few and PROUD) people who really enjoy WP7.
Unfortunately the data provided by the WLM interface is rather limited. Support for more types (such as COVER) would require Zune itself to implement a more verbose interface.
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

Grantp wrote:The Cover Art when using WinAmp doesn't always display the correct art even though WinAmp itself is showing the correct Cover Art.

This problem is happening on numerous mp3 files now. I have tried embedding the art into the mp3 file using MP3TAG, placing a file in the same directory as the MP3 file called Cover.jpg that has the cover art in it. Completely deleting the MP3 files in question and re ripping the files from an original CD. Uninstalling Winamp then reinstalling it. all with the same results Winamp shows correct Cover Art NowPlaying shows some completely different cover art. In my most recent case art from completely different artists.

Has one any suggestions??? See attached images to show what I mean
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Grantp wrote:Here is Mediafire link

http://www.mediafire.com/?o0roxib6fu1m90q
This file has no embedded art. You probably have a jpg/png/gif file in the same directory as the file. Can you check and let me know what the image name is?
Grantp

Post by Grantp »

poiru wrote: This file has no embedded art. You probably have a jpg/png/gif file in the same directory as the file. Can you check and let me know what the image name is?

The name of the file is Cover.jpg

As I say this is happening in numerous files the example above shows 2 incorrect covers and there is no jpg file in that folder in the above example it shows the correct artwork for some of the songs.

I am trying to embed art using MP3TAG into the file, is this correct? Even when I do I am still getting incorrect results
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Grantp wrote:The name of the file is Cover.jpg

As I say this is happening in numerous files the example above shows 2 incorrect covers and there is no jpg file in that folder in the above example it shows the correct artwork for some of the songs.

I am trying to embed art using MP3TAG into the file, is this correct? Even when I do I am still getting incorrect results
Could you try removing the %TEMP%\Rainmeter-Cache folder?