It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:25 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arcanosa84

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 8:43 pm One single question still remians. Which is the skin which you are working with? Because I can't find any having the posted code, but there in the posted package are lot of skins (48 it seems).
Right now I am working with the Configuration (Ajustes) that is the one in the photo, that is where I want what I showed to be hidden. :thumbup:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2023, 9:59 pm Ajustes.
And of course, Planetas\Luna.

P.S. There is no posted code here regarding Ajustes (aka the configuration skin), only the screenshot where he asks about hiding 3 meters if Luna is not active. Of course, that part will be written by you, since my non code reply about it was skipped entirely (I wonder why, lol)...
My friend, I still say the same thing as at the beginning, I only want the guide, and help to learn, perhaps more extensive than in the manual, but with just enough guidance, I want to learn to play with the code, not have them solve it for me . Look, with what you told me to look for, I managed to do what I wanted, which takes work, yes, but it doesn't matter, I'm going to develop it little by little, for that I want your help, to learn, not just to solve the written code, that many times the examples have to be written down.
This was what I added to be able to hide the measurements of the Moon when it is not active
Maybe you recommend something simpler, just comment that it works wonders for me. :D :D :sly:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Config1=@Al\Planetas\Luna

[MeasureActive1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ConfigActive
ConfigName=#Config1#
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=MeasureActive1 = 1
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!ShowMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!ShowMeter MeterNombre45]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!HideMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!HideMeter MeterNombre45]
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 2:21 am My friend, I still say the same thing as at the beginning, I only want the guide, and help to learn, perhaps more extensive than in the manual, but with just enough guidance, I want to learn to play with the code, not have them solve it for me . Look, with what you told me to look for, I managed to do what I wanted, which takes work, yes, but it doesn't matter, I'm going to develop it little by little, for that I want your help, to learn, not just to solve the written code, that many times the examples have to be written down.
This was what I added to be able to hide the measurements of the Moon when it is not active
Maybe you recommend something simpler, just comment that it works wonders for me. :D :D :sly:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Config1=@Al\Planetas\Luna

[MeasureActive1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ConfigActive
ConfigName=#Config1#
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=MeasureActive1 = 1
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!ShowMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!ShowMeter MeterNombre45]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!HideMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!HideMeter MeterNombre45]
Excellent, well done! :thumbup:

What I want to see for these simple cases though is you managing to do it right and understand the principle from the first attempt, even if there is no code for it in the docs or elsewhere on the forum (only the syntax). And be able to put three or four of these steps together like it was nothing, if necessary.

Yeah, I know, I'm a demanding "teacher", but that's the way to progress. Like I said, there is no problem with snippets of code for more complex tasks, but by now you should be able to handle the simple ones with no effort. ;-)

P.S. You probably noticed in the other thread that I provided full code without any problem at the start, because those were complex tasks for you at that time (and maybe even now). I only started to have a problem with it when simple things that you should have been familiar with already required lots of attempts to get them right. This has to improve after all this time, IMHO - certainly you can understand where I'm going with this.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:44 am I haven't tried the log, not because it's bad, it just happened to me, and I used it on one occasion and it didn't solve much, and since it has to be put to the extent of the problem, it created a loop that I didn't know how to conclude.
The Log has created a loop? No way...
Or did I misunderstand something?
arcanosa84 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:44 am I'll see how I implement it to the Disabled, or Hidden option. :thumbup:
As already said by Yincognito, take care that these two options are not related to the same type of section. Disabled can be applied on measures, while Hidden on meters. None of them can be applied on other type of sections then these.

Did Incognito replied all your questions, or there still is something you didn't find the answer to?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 12th, 2023, 12:06 pm The Log has created a loop? No way...
Or did I misunderstand something?
If he put the Log in an OnUpdateAction, or even an IfTrueAction that got triggered on each update of the said section, then it might have created the impression of a loop that he wanted to get rid of eventually, since the log window would then be spamming such messages continuously. I suspect that this is what he meant, but obviously I'm not 100% sure that it was the case.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:15 pm If he put the Log in an OnUpdateAction, or even an IfTrueAction that got triggered on each update of the said section, then it might have created the impression of a loop that he wanted to get rid of eventually, since the log window would then be spamming such messages continuously. I suspect that this is what he meant, but obviously I'm not 100% sure that it was the case.
Might be, so we (me definitely) have to wait for some details.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 9:34 am Excellent, well done! :thumbup:

What I want to see for these simple cases though is you managing to do it right and understand the principle from the first attempt, even if there is no code for it in the docs or elsewhere on the forum (only the syntax). And be able to put three or four of these steps together like it was nothing, if necessary.

Yeah, I know, I'm a demanding "teacher", but that's the way to progress. Like I said, there is no problem with snippets of code for more complex tasks, but by now you should be able to handle the simple ones with no effort. ;-)

P.S. You probably noticed in the other thread that I provided full code without any problem at the start, because those were complex tasks for you at that time (and maybe even now). I only started to have a problem with it when simple things that you should have been familiar with already required lots of attempts to get them right. This has to improve after all this time, IMHO - certainly you can understand where I'm going with this.
Yes, I know, but I just wish that when you correct me you can explain to me what I am missing in the command line, what happens is that sometimes one cannot understand everything I need in time. :D :D
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 12th, 2023, 2:31 pm Might be, so we (me definitely) have to wait for some details.
I still can't figure out that opening a folder on the laptop using the sonar file where I save the variables for that works for me, today I will try again, this is why Yincognito told me to use the Log, I didn't know how to do it, and I don't think I have obtained the correct result, if you can explain to me how to use it correctly to see what the error is that I have there.
The other task I am doing is working on the configuration mask, which I want to make it have 2 sheets, so that I can navigate between one and the other so that in the first one I can run the skins and in the other the configuration of each one, it is an idea I haven't gotten there yet. :welcome: :welcome:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 1:15 pm If he put the Log in an OnUpdateAction, or even an IfTrueAction that got triggered on each update of the said section, then it might have created the impression of a loop that he wanted to get rid of eventually, since the log window would then be spamming such messages continuously. I suspect that this is what he meant, but obviously I'm not 100% sure that it was the case.
Please, using your knowledge, guide me to correctly use the log to see why executing an address on the laptop does not work for me, if it works fine on the PC, taking into account that the location that I command to open on the laptop exists. :D :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 6:06 pm The other task I am doing is working on the configuration mask, which I want to make it have 2 sheets, so that I can navigate between one and the other
Like the tabs in a browser? :???: