Re: Lyrical

Post by sl23 »

Ok that's good. PM me if there's anything else :thumbup:
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 25th, 2024, 9:13 am Ok that's good. PM me if there's anything else :thumbup:
Okeydokey. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Creepurr

Post by Creepurr »

Ok now this is very bizzare. I have yet to do anything, but there is a very short instance when selecting a song in Foobar where the lyrics will show up, approx 0.1 second. After flashing the lyrics it will return to showing no lyrics found.

Edit: It's even weirder now, I was trying to record footage for it happening. What I noticed is that if I were to select the same song that's playing atm the lyrics would then stay instead of disappearing again?? https://imgur.com/a/WRa3vmj
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Creepurr wrote: June 26th, 2024, 1:50 am Ok now this is very bizzare. I have yet to do anything, but there is a very short instance when selecting a song in Foobar where the lyrics will show up, approx 0.1 second. After flashing the lyrics it will return to showing no lyrics found.

Edit: It's even weirder now, I was trying to record footage for it happening. What I noticed is that if I were to select the same song that's playing atm the lyrics would then stay instead of disappearing again?? https://imgur.com/a/WRa3vmj
Interesting indeed. So the lyrics depend more on the cursor position than the actual song playing?! Might worth to check if there isn't a foobar setting / plugin / patch causing that (getting ID3 tags in advance or something). That being said, since I don't use it, I'm not exactly an expert in it, so this is merely a guess.
Creepurr

Post by Creepurr »

Maybe I phrased it wrongly or incoherently to showcase the video, it's not about the cursor position that affects the skin. What I did was select the same song that is currently playing for the lyrics to show up again. The position of the cursor doesn't matter as long as the same song is selected twice in a row, first to select track, second for lyrics. https://imgur.com/a/tAst3SF This are the plugins btw
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Creepurr wrote: June 26th, 2024, 4:01 pm Maybe I phrased it wrongly or incoherently to showcase the video, it's not about the cursor position that affects the skin. What I did was select the same song that is currently playing for the lyrics to show up again. The position of the cursor doesn't matter as long as the same song is selected twice in a row, first to select track, second for lyrics. https://imgur.com/a/tAst3SF This are the plugins btw
I believe I was the one phrasing it wrongly, what I meant was the "selection cursor", aka the selection (i.e. what you said too). In any case, this is a progress I reckon, with the lyrics finally showing up, the rest is probably optional and up to you if you want to see whether this behavior can be adjusted to something more convenient. Temporarily disabling OpenLyrics in foobar (or anything else that can relate to a strange tagging behavior) might clarify things a bit.

That being said, double clicking (so, technically, selecting the song twice to actually play it) is needed in Winamp too to show / change lyrics, so maybe the foobar behavior is not that strange, after all. :confused: