It is currently September 8th, 2024, 12:15 am

Json Parser Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Json Parser Plugin

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 6th, 2024, 8:04 pm [MeasureSiteGirls] is a WebParser (plugin) measure, while [MeasureTempGirls] is a JsonParser plugin measure, having set its parent to [MeasureSiteGirls]. This for sure is a mistake. I'm not using the JsonParser plugin, however this for sure is not right.
Actually, it is correct, see the first page of this thread.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Litcube wrote: July 6th, 2024, 2:48 pmCan someone tell me where I went wrong?
You didn't. Just use the 1.0 version of the plugin, not the 1.1 version:
https://github.com/e2e8/rainmeter-jsonparser/releases
Basically, exit Rainmeter, download the 1.0 version zip file corresponding to your OS architecture (most likely, the x64 one), extract the dll file from it into your C:\Users\[User]\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Plugins folder (for a standard Rainmeter installation), then run Rainmeter again and load your skin which should now work:
JsonParser.jpg
More or less the same code used for testing:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000
AccurateText=1
DynamicWindowSize=1

---Measures---

[MeasureSiteGirls]
Measure=WebParser
UpdateRate=600
Url=https://api.thingspeak.com/channels/1439124/feeds/last.json?api_key=L6MJO4L26367ZRSA
RegExp=(?siU)^(.*)$

[MeasureTempGirls]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=JsonParser.dll
Source=[MeasureSiteGirls]
Query="field1"

---Meters---

[SomeMeter]
Meter=String
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
FontColor=100,255,100,255
FontFace=Consolas
FontSize=16
AntiAlias=1
MeasureName=MeasureTempGirls
Text=Result: %1
If you want to get rid of the error in the log (which happens because the JsonParser measure has to wait for the WebParser measure to retrieve data from the site, you'll have to start with the JsonParser measure disabled and enable it from the FinishAction of the WebParser measure, like explained in one of the posts above).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 6th, 2024, 8:07 pm Actually, it is correct, see the first page of this thread.
Is it? Alright, as said I'm not using this plugin (and most probably never will, to be honest), just saw this thing, which I thought is a mistake and commented. It seems, shouldn't have
My bad, sorry. Editing my post, to show it is not correct.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 6th, 2024, 8:22 pmIs it?
I suppose the author of the plugin thought it was a good idea to use the same syntax as a WebParser measure in this case, given that one would probably use the plugin along with a WebParser retrieved JSON anyway. :confused:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 6th, 2024, 8:39 pm I suppose the author of the plugin thought it was a good idea to use the same syntax as a WebParser measure in this case, given that one would probably use the plugin along with a WebParser retrieved JSON anyway. :confused:
Definitely my ignorance, especially that I never used this plugin and most probably never will, however I wonder what is the point with this plugin? Can't a WebParser measure do everything this plugin is meant for?
Just rhetorical question, don't expect answer, not even from the author...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: July 6th, 2024, 8:48 pmCan't a WebParser measure do everything this plugin is meant for?
I think it's meant to be a simpler choice for the regular user in dealing with JSONs, compared to handling regexes in WebParser.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: July 6th, 2024, 9:37 pm I think it's meant to be a simpler choice for the regular user in dealing with JSONs, compared to handling regexes in WebParser.
Maybe. Maybe should try out the plugin? Nope, I'm not tempted at all. At least not now. But who knows?
Again, just rhetorical questions.