It is currently September 14th, 2024, 9:56 pm

FolderView

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: FolderView

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: August 16th, 2024, 5:35 pm Wow this is great! Puts mine to shame! :lol:
... Years of tweaking code and making mistakes :lol:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Not sure if this question should be here or in the help section of the forum?

I have just seen the ContextMenu command for child measures in the manual after I noticed this function in your skin. How have you implemented it? I was thinking that it needed RightMouseUpAction seeing as that is how it works in your skin. But i attempted to find any of these without success: RightMouse, ContextMenu and CommandMeasure. Well, I say without success, but I mean there's no reference to this function.

RightMouse doesn't appear in either the FolderExpandDown.ini, Variables.inc or the LargeIcons.inc files.
ContextMenu only appears twice, but they are to do with the custom Rainmeter context menu for adjusting settings.
CommandMeasure only appears in the slider, scrolling up or down, or in the [Path] section under MiddleMouseUpAction.

So, how exactly have you implemented this? I was trying to find an example of it's usage.
I used this: RightMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure m#CURRENTSECTION# "ContextMenu"] and that works ok, but I was curious how it works in your skin as I can find no trace of it! Is it done in the LUA file?
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

There are different types of context menus:
1.) Rainmeter skin context menu
2.) Rainmeter skin custom context menu
3.) Windows explorer context menu as related to FileView files & folders

In a Rainmeter, when you right click a skin, the skin context menu contains actions related to any skin is displayed (#1 above).

Using skin custom context menus, you can add info and actions that are not normally shown in the skin context menu (#2 above)

In FileView skins, you can display the Windows context menu associated with the file/folder; it is the same context menu you would see if you were using Windows explorer (#3 above)

In my FolderView skin, I use skin custom menus (#2 above) to provide quick access to my skin features and options.
fvcustom.jpg
Here is where it is in my code:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
;----------------------------------------------------
; Context Styles Menu
;----------------------------------------------------
RightMouseUpAction=[!SkinCustomMenu]

FileView has the ability to show the Windows context menu for any indexed file or folder by using the "ContextMenu" bang
I call that menu using a RightMouseUpAction=[!CommandMeasure {MeasureName} "ContextMenu"] bang (since that is how Windows explorer would activate it) on file and folder meters (#3 above)
fvcontext.jpg
Hope this answers your questions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yes, sorry, perhaps I should've stated I wanted the explorer menu. I did mention the context menu option for child measures though. :)

That's strange! I searched for those terms and found nothing related to this?! Oh well, I've sorted it now thank you for your assistance. :great:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: September 1st, 2024, 7:17 am Yes, sorry, perhaps I should've stated I wanted the explorer menu. I did mention the context menu option for child measures though. :)

That's strange! I searched for those terms and found nothing related to this?! Oh well, I've sorted it now thank you for your assistance. :great:
I didn't answer your question on where 'contextmenu' is in my skins ...

I had to search my own files to remember how I setup the explorer context menu... because up to 100 items can be shown, the action was moved to the LUA file.

The RightMouseUpAction to open the explorer context menu is setup in the associated menu type LUA file, in the @Resources folder, using a SKIN:Bang and !SetOption.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

:great: