MeterStyle=Style
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer SetVolume 0"]
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Radio

[VolumeUPRadio]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Style
ToolTipText="[mVolume]"
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer SetVolume +10"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Radio

[VolumeDOWNRadio]
Meter=STRING
MeterStyle=Style
ToolTipText="[mVolume]"
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!RainmeterPluginBang "mPlayer SetVolume -10"][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
Group=Radio

[mVolume]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=NowPlaying.dll
PlayerName=[mPlayer]
PlayerType=VOLUME
When I click on "Mute", Volume goes down to 0 (this show me the tooltip !), but when I turn my amplifier a little bit louder I can still hear my music. Not till then when I click on "-", then I can't hear my music. I played a bit with it and heard to the volume. I think when I click on "Mute" the sound volume is ca. 0,5.
Or:
My volume steps are 10 %. If the volume is 10 % and I click on "-" then my tooltip show me 0 again, but I can still hear my music. The same behavior as above.
If the volume is 1-9, the "-" button work normal.

I don't know, if it's a rainmeter or winamp problem.

2. Small thing:
When I boot my PC and listen my first song the Duration measure show me sometimes 0:-1. When I then click on "next song" or the song is finished and the next song is comming, then everything is normal. Not big/important, just want say it. Look at the attached file. (And the song was played)
Rainmeter 918, Winamp 6.61 and it starts up wit windows.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by MerlinTheRed »

First of all thank you very much for all your work on this plugin :thumbup: ! It's really a bliss to have a single plugin that can do all I want with media players. I remember my frustration when working with Samurize, where every plugin only supported half of the functions I needed.

I did a quick forum search and didn't find anything, so I'll just post my suggestion here and hope that it has not yet been rejected.

Is it possible to add a command to the plugin that lets you toggle the shuffle and repeat state? I know this is possible with Winamp through the window message system. Do you know if at least some of the other players have a similar kind of functionality? If yes it would be really neat to have this available through the plugin. Repeat is not so important for me, but shuffle I tend to toggle from time to time.

P.S. I also have the 0:-1 Problem AlC is describing. Using Rainmeter 2.1 on Win7 64 bit.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

MerlinTheRed wrote:Is it possible to add a command to the plugin that lets you toggle the shuffle and repeat state? I know this is possible with Winamp through the window message system. Do you know if at least some of the other players have a similar kind of functionality? If yes it would be really neat to have this available through the plugin. Repeat is not so important for me, but shuffle I tend to toggle from time to time.
Yeah, this has been requested before. I'll try to get them in for the next release.
MerlinTheRed wrote:P.S. I also have the 0:-1 Problem AlC is describing. Using Rainmeter 2.1 on Win7 64 bit.
AlC wrote:I notice a special thing with the Volume Measure. That's a part of my skin:
Thanks, will fix.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

The issues reported by AlC should hopefully be fixed in the release later today. I have also added the following:
  • PlayerType=SHUFFLE (1 when on, 0 when off)
  • PlayerType=REPEAT (1 when on, 0 when off)
  • "SetShuffle state" bang, where state is: -1 (toggle), 1 (on), or 0 (off)
  • "SetRepeat state" bang, where state is: -1 (toggle), 1 (on), or 0 (off)
Currently, only Winamp, iTunes, and AIMP support these types (using the types and bangs with other players is safe, but nothing will happen). MusicBee, VLC, and foobar2000 will probably be supported in the near future.

I will update the manual after the release.
Nebbishatudub

Post by Nebbishatudub »

Shuffle and Repeat would be awesome additions. This whole plugin has been so well done, another round of thanks is due.

/Thanks
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

TIme to make some more buttons I guess... :lol:
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

Nebbishatudub

Post by Nebbishatudub »

Seahorse wrote:TIme to make some more buttons I guess... :lol:
Yeah exactly how I felt - in fact I had typed it all out into my post - but I was just too happy with the changes to go even slightly negative. Now I gotta cram these in somewhere though - most likely more mouseover functions.
poiru
Developer

foo_rainmeter.dll for foobar2000 update (1.0.3)

Post by poiru »

foo_rainmeter.dll 1.0.3 for foobar2000 is available.

Download: http://foo-rainmeter.googlecode.com/files/foo_rainmeter103.zip

It adds support for viewing and changing Shuffle/Repeat through Rainmeter. Note that Rainmeter 2.1 beta r950+ (will be released later today) is required for the Shuffle/Repeat features.
poiru
Developer

libcad_plugin.dll for VLC update (1.0.1)

Post by poiru »

libcad_plugin.dll 1.0.1 for VLC is available.

Download: http://vlc-libcad.googlecode.com/files/libcad101.zip
Installation instructions: http://code.google.com/p/vlc-libcad/wiki/Installation

Changes:
* Added support for viewing/setting shuffle and repeat states
* Added support for displaying radio track and artist (if supported by the radio station)
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

As mentioned a few posts ago, the Rainmeter 2.1 beta r953 update includes the following changes to NowPlaying:
- New PlayerType=: SHUFFLE and REPEAT
- New bangs: SetShuffle and SetRepeat

Read the NowPlaying manual entry for usage instructions.