It is currently October 3rd, 2024, 6:27 pm

NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
poiru
Developer

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by poiru »

Skymil wrote:Yeah and it's great! I said that I have used it. It works but doesn't recover the information needed for the lyrics (which is in "Now Playing"). It only recovers these informations:
TITLE -> Tsumugi, Radio rock et geek
FILE -> http://listen.radionomy.com/tsumugi
The artist and the title are in the section "Now Playing", separated by a dash (like that : R.E.M. - Losing My Religion).
Ah, I see. I'll see if there is anything I can do about this. If so, I'll update the libcad plugin for VLC :)
Skymil

Post by Skymil »

Ok thank you :) However if there's a mean to recover this information using the libcad plugin, I wonder if it would be possible to use it to display the lyrics. Because I think the NowPlaying plugin, using as PlayerType=LYRICS, uses informations contained in ARTIST and TITLE, no?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Skymil wrote:Ok thank you :) However if there's a mean to recover this information using the libcad plugin, I wonder if it would be possible to use it to display the lyrics. Because I think the NowPlaying plugin, using as PlayerType=LYRICS, uses informations contained in ARTIST and TITLE, no?
Yes. I'll see if I can extract the 'Now Playing' field from VLC through the libcad plugin and send it off to NowPlaying.dll.
Skymil

Post by Skymil »

Ok I'll be waiting eagerly then :P
AlC

Post by AlC »

Because I think the NowPlaying plugin, using as PlayerType=LYRICS, uses informations contained in ARTIST and TITLE, no?
Hemmh.. I use winamp as my standard player and when I play a webradio file (file.pls), NowPlaying give me the right Artist and Title, but not the lyrics.
It freeze the last lyrics (from a normal file.mp3) and show whose lyrics and don't show something like N/A.
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

AlC wrote:Hemmh.. I use winamp as my standard player and when I play a webradio file (file.pls), NowPlaying give me the right Artist and Title, but not the lyrics.
It freeze the last lyrics (from a normal file.mp3) and show whose lyrics and don't show something like N/A.
Lyrics support is not an official feature (it's missing from the manual entry). I'll see what I can do about this when the lyrics feature is made official.
akatsuki

Post by akatsuki »

As an FYI - doesn't seem to be picking up data from the newest iTunes beta.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

akatsuki wrote:As an FYI - doesn't seem to be picking up data from the newest iTunes beta.
Apple seems to have removed the COM API documentation from their pages. Lets hope this is just a coincidence and that Apple hasn't removed the interface from the upcoming iTunes versions..
eatmorehippo

Post by eatmorehippo »

How do you get Soita to work with music bee through CAD?
Also is there any way to make it smaller?
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

eatmorehippo wrote:How do you get Soita to work with music bee through CAD?
Also is there any way to make it smaller?
Use Player=CAD in the skin and make sure the 'cd art display' plugin is enabled in MusicBee Preferences -> Plugins. Make sure you refresh the skin (right-click -> Refresh skin) and then restart MusicBee.

As to making Soita smaller, no, there is no easy way. You'll have to play with the X=, Y=, W=, and H= values in the skin. You could also consider using some other (smaller) NowPlaying-based skin.