[MeterArtistTitle]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mArtist
MeasureName2=mTitle
Text="%1 - %2"
parry

Re: NowPlaying plugin - Multiple Media Player Support

Post by parry »

Zerrick wrote: No, it doesn't work that way.
But you can combine them in a meter like this:

Code: Select all

[MeterArtistTitle]
Meter=STRING
MeasureName=mArtist
MeasureName2=mTitle
Text="%1 - %2"
I knew there was a way of doing it, thanks for this! :D
Beno3000

Post by Beno3000 »

I'm trying to get Winamp working correctly with the nowplaying.dll.

Using the default settings in Enigma I input "Winamp" as my media player in the options menu.

Opening winamp regularly doesn't show anything in the "music" sidebar. Conversely WMP doesn't work either.
However, while opening a podcast through "juice" (a podcast rss program), the now playing sidebar displays the podcast name, pauses, etc.

(What I did was right click on a downloaded podcast and clicked, "play episode in media player", which is by default Winamp. Winamp opens and starts to play the downloaded file, now playing displays the info and responses to input).
I retried opening regularly winamp and playing the same podcast, but it failed to work except when opening it in "juice".

For some reason it seems as though the music sidebar fails to recognize that winamp is running, or in this case executing.

I tried altering the code to point to Winamps drive location to the same effect.
Any suggestions?

Running Win7 Pro 64bit

Thanks
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Beno3000 wrote:I'm trying to get Winamp working correctly with the nowplaying.dll.

Using the default settings in Enigma I input "Winamp" as my media player in the options menu.

Opening winamp regularly doesn't show anything in the "music" sidebar. Conversely WMP doesn't work either.
However, while opening a podcast through "juice" (a podcast rss program), the now playing sidebar displays the podcast name, pauses, etc.
Is Juice something that is always running? If so, it is conflicting with Winamp (they both provide track info through the same interface). Could you completely closing Juice and trying with Winamp?
Beno3000

Post by Beno3000 »

poiru wrote: Is Juice something that is always running? If so, it is conflicting with Winamp (they both provide track info through the same interface). Could you completely closing Juice and trying with Winamp?
That's interesting. Shutting down juice worked.

I didn't even think that they shared access to the same interface. Although. possibly something related to ID3 tag information?
I'll try and figure out what the process is that they may share and post when I find it.

Thanks for the reply.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Beno3000 wrote:That's interesting. Shutting down juice worked.

I didn't even think that they shared access to the same interface. Although. possibly something related to ID3 tag information?
It seems Juice has implemented the Winamp IPC interface. When NowPlaying.dll is trying to find Winamp, it finds Juice instead. I'll try to think of something for the next release (e.g. if more than one Winamp interface is found, use the first one which is playing something).
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Using iTunes, PlayPause will pause a track but not play it once it's paused.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

smurfier wrote:Using iTunes, PlayPause will pause a track but not play it once it's paused.
It works fine here. Can you post the skin?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

It's the latest enigma.
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Strange, it works just fine now...