It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:23 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 11th, 2023, 3:42 am PD:Annex to the queries I have made, in my configuration skin, I can hide 3 Measurements, I have them marked in the image, when for example, the skin that corresponds to it is not loaded???
I can't really follow you, but pack please the whole config you have (you can use any archiver program, like WinRar, or can create a package using the skin packager of Rainmeter, doesn't really matter which solution do you choose) and upload the package here, to can take a look.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 1:26 pm I can't really follow you, but pack please the whole config you have (you can use any archiver program, like WinRar, or can create a package using the skin packager of Rainmeter, doesn't really matter which solution do you choose) and upload the package here, to can take a look.
You are not alone in trying to understand these posts. :???:

Posting the entire package may help, but the code is relying on local network connections, and inaccurate language translations, that make it difficult to duplicate the issues or provide any realistic solution. :x

But having a package is definitely a step in the right direction. :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 11th, 2023, 3:22 pm You are not alone in trying to understand these posts. :???:

Posting the entire package may help, but the code is relying on local network connections, and inaccurate language translations, that make it difficult to duplicate the issues or provide any realistic solution. :x
Try that for a month like I did, plus being able to make the user follow simple line by line instructions only at the 3rd or 4th attempt, and then judge for yourself if I lost my patience "easily" with this... :sly:

Anyway, the local IPs are only relevant for the Ping skin, where he hides or shows icons based on whether the ping response is less than a certain amount of milliseconds, and that skin is completed, from what I'm aware of.

He has another skin where he used to toggle a menu pop-up based on FileView locations, where he now uses the links whose paths don't work - aka the link path problem earlier.

The other skin is a skin where he animates a fan icon based on the fan rotation speed. This is the skin that I suspect the 3 meters he talked about above are for. He probably wants to show the said meters in its configuration skin only if the fan animation skin is loaded, at least that's my impression.

Of course, having the packed skin(s) in their current form would help (well, normally they would be based on what I helped him with in the other thread), but I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't help with the overall confusion present in this discussion, like both you and balala already noticed...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 1:26 pm I can't really follow you, but pack please the whole config you have (you can use any archiver program, like WinRar, or can create a package using the skin packager of Rainmeter, doesn't really matter which solution do you choose) and upload the package here, to can take a look.
First of all, my apologies for the language limitation, but I don't think that is an impediment. Let's see here I loaded the package with my skins and in the photo I clarify what I need to know.
In my configuration skin, I have elements, such as changing the color of the moon's atmosphere, as well as the moon, what I want to do is, when the moon is not loaded, or active, those buttons and the text , be able to make them transparent, hide them, or change the color to light gray, something like that, so that you can see that it is not active, or in operation.
I hope I was able to explain it well.
I had to divide it into parts to upload it, it weighs 20Mb
https://forum.rainmeter.net/download/file.php?mode=view&id=29986
https://forum.rainmeter.net/download/file.php?mode=view&id=29987
https://forum.rainmeter.net/download/file.php?mode=view&id=29988
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

eclectic-tech wrote: September 11th, 2023, 3:22 pm You are not alone in trying to understand these posts. :???:

But having a package is definitely a step in the right direction. :)
First of all, my apologies for the language limitation, but I don't think that is an impediment. Let's see here I loaded the package with my skins and in the photo I clarify what I need to know.
In my configuration skin, I have elements, such as changing the color of the moon's atmosphere, as well as the moon, what I want to do is, when the moon is not loaded, or active, those buttons and the text , be able to make them transparent, hide them, or change the color to light gray, something like that, so that you can see that it is not active, or in operation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2023, 6:18 pm Try that for a month like I did, plus being able to make the user follow simple line by line instructions only at the 3rd or 4th attempt, and then judge for yourself if I lost my patience "easily" with this... :sly:

Anyway, the local IPs are only relevant for the Ping skin, where he hides or shows icons based on whether the ping response is less than a certain amount of milliseconds, and that skin is completed, from what I'm aware of.

He has another skin where he used to toggle a menu pop-up based on FileView locations, where he now uses the links whose paths don't work - aka the link path problem earlier.

The other skin is a skin where he animates a fan icon based on the fan rotation speed. This is the skin that I suspect the 3 meters he talked about above are for. He probably wants to show the said meters in its configuration skin only if the fan animation skin is loaded, at least that's my impression.

Of course, having the packed skin(s) in their current form would help (well, normally they would be based on what I helped him with in the other thread), but I can almost guarantee that it wouldn't help with the overall confusion present in this discussion, like both you and balala already noticed...
I am very sure that when you started to walk you must have fallen to the ground and of course you would have gotten up if you were not there, in life there is nothing that is easy, everything takes effort, and I personally, I cannot let a language, or language, get in the way, I know English but not as fluent as you, since my native language is Spanish, but as I told you in the other thread, my interest in learning does not change, nor will it change, I read, I study I ask, but sometimes you need the knowledge of someone who has already gone through the first steps to guide you.
Now what I am trying to do is described below.

Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm since my native language is Spanish
The native language of most Rainmeter users (including me, balala and many others) is not English either, so no problem there. The problem is understanding what the other person meant, because without that, everything becomes quite difficult to follow.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 11th, 2023, 7:52 pm Now what I am trying to do is described below.
I know what you wanted. The question is... did you try the CONFIGACTIVE approach I suggested above, or you ignore it like the !Log suggestion earlier? The code will not write itself, you know...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 11th, 2023, 7:42 pm I hope I was able to explain it well.
One single question still remians. Which is the skin which you are working with? Because I can't find any having the posted code, but there in the posted package are lot of skins (48 it seems).
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 11th, 2023, 8:43 pm One single question still remians. Which is the skin which you are working with? Because I can't find any having the posted code, but there in the posted package are lot of skins (48 it seems).
Ajustes.
And of course, Planetas\Luna.

P.S. There is no posted code here regarding Ajustes (aka the configuration skin), only the screenshot where he asks about hiding 3 meters if Luna is not active. Of course, that part will be written by you, since my non code reply about it was skipped entirely (I wonder why, lol)...
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 11th, 2023, 8:27 pm The native language of most Rainmeter users (including me, balala and many others) is not English either, so no problem there. The problem is understanding what the other person meant, because without that, everything becomes quite difficult to follow.

I know what you wanted. The question is... did you try the CONFIGACTIVE approach I suggested above, or you ignore it like the !Log suggestion earlier? The code will not write itself, you know...
I haven't tried the log, not because it's bad, it just happened to me, and I used it on one occasion and it didn't solve much, and since it has to be put to the extent of the problem, it created a loop that I didn't know how to conclude. I already downloaded what you suggested and yes, it is exactly what I need, I just need to apply it to my code, and so you can see, I understood exactly everything that refers to that plugin, this is not the case with everything in the manual, I already tried it separately before to incorporate it into the code and if it performs the exact function I need.
I'll see how I implement it to the Disabled, or Hidden option. :thumbup: