It is currently April 16th, 2024, 7:25 pm

Mond player not working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
xenium

Re: Mond player not working

Post by xenium »

Movoge wrote: February 16th, 2023, 3:49 pm First of all: Thank you so much xenium for posting the solution to the player problem. I used your exact code and got it to work. It works perfectly with for Example Youtube. Strangely only for Spotify the buttons are off. Its possible to pause the spotify player with pressing the back button. Other buttons don't work at all. Is ther a way to get the buttons to fully work with Spotify Web Player?
The player works with the desktop version of Spotify, not the web version.
You must have Spicetify installed for the player to work with Spotify.

Follow the steps:

1. Access the link: https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Advansity-UPDATED-09-FEB-2022-847234085
2. Follow the Spicetify installation instructions in the Music Player-Spotify Desktop Player section.

Carefully read the instructions for the first command !!

At the end, if the commands were entered correctly, Spotify will restart.
Then it should work with the music player
R0merol

Post by R0merol »

I have a somewhat similar problem to one of the users before which is when using PlayerSpotify.ini (the one xenium uploaded, I'm using Mond) all the functionality works perfectly for YouTube. However, it doesn't work for Spotify, only the prev and next song button work, the play button doesn't work, and the song, author, and duration don't show. This is also the case with the Advancity player.
1. Delete the folders "Spicetify" and "Spicetidy.cli", which should be located at "C: \ Users \ USERNAME".
I can't seem to find the "Spicetify" and "Spicetidy.cli" folders and files at C:\Users\USERNAME at all as I was trying to delete it, perhaps you're confusing it with C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\spicetify? Or are the two completely different?

Help would be appreciated :)
xenium

Post by xenium »

R0merol wrote: March 4th, 2023, 4:52 pm I have a somewhat similar problem to one of the users before which is when using PlayerSpotify.ini (the one xenium uploaded, I'm using Mond) all the functionality works perfectly for YouTube. However, it doesn't work for Spotify, only the prev and next song button work, the play button doesn't work, and the song, author, and duration don't show. This is also the case with the Advancity player.

I can't seem to find the "Spicetify" and "Spicetidy.cli" folders and files at C:\Users\USERNAME at all as I was trying to delete it, perhaps you're confusing it with C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\spicetify? Or are the two completely different?

Help would be appreciated :)
For me, both players work with Spotify
Spotify has probably updated.
Follow the steps described here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?start=20&t=40885&sid=6d8790db0814c14fe86dd1e9576fbdce&hilit=quote+enclose+option#p209081
R0merol

Post by R0merol »

Okay, so it turns out Spotify and Youtube work for Mond BUT only if they're opened on Chrome. Mond player doesn't detect desktop Spotify unless it's open in Chrome as well. Is this how it's supposed to work for the workaround? Or is it supposed to work for desktop Spotify alone as well?
xenium

Post by xenium »

R0merol wrote: March 5th, 2023, 3:33 am Okay, so it turns out Spotify and Youtube work for Mond BUT only if they're opened on Chrome. Mond player doesn't detect desktop Spotify unless it's open in Chrome as well. Is this how it's supposed to work for the workaround? Or is it supposed to work for desktop Spotify alone as well?
You don't need to use the browser to run Spotify Desktop.
If Spotify Desktop is not detected by the player, it means that something went wrong when installing the Spotify Desktop application or when installing Spicetify.
Uninstall Spotify Desktop (and restart PC), then reinstall the desktop version and Spicetify following the instructions here:
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?start=30&t=40885&sid=396f0c2835236ae06d85146e4f6d1c48&hilit=quote+enclose+option#p212817

Spotify Desktop must be running when you enter commands in PowerShell.
If no error appears when entering the commands in PowerShell, then at the end Spotify Desktop will restart and the Mond player will detect the application.
R0merol

Post by R0merol »

I've uninstalled both Spotify and Spicetify, reinstalled Spotify (and no, it's not the windows store version), and reinstalled Spicetify according to your precise instructions. I even ran powershell using Administrator mode. It still doesn't work. Here's the Spicetify installation commands, in case I messed something up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xenium

Post by xenium »

R0merol wrote: March 5th, 2023, 7:06 am I've uninstalled both Spotify and Spicetify, reinstalled Spotify (and no, it's not the windows store version), and reinstalled Spicetify according to your precise instructions. I even ran powershell using Administrator mode. It still doesn't work. Here's the Spicetify installation commands, in case I messed something up
Yes, the Spicetify installation was done ok, but why Spotify Desktop is not detected by the Mond player I have no idea....
Have you tried with Advansity player? (Spotify+Youtube must be selected in the Advancity settings menu)

Both players work for me.
Capture.PNG
Note:
I'm using Windows 10
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
R0merol

Post by R0merol »

It doesn't work even with Advansity. Advansity detects the audio visuals and the volume up/down buttons work though, but nothing else. Note: I'm using Windows 10 as well, I'm using the spicetify-marketplace to get the Spotify theme & customizations, but Advansity and Mond still don't detect Spotify even when I haven't installed spicetify-marketplace.

I haven't touched the settings on Advansity at all, although I did touch some settings for Mond. I do notice that there are two versions of WebPlayerNow in the @Vault\Plugins\WebNowPlaying folder, I'm not sure if it meant anything but there's that.
R0merol

Post by R0merol »

Update: It works! Apparently, the problem lies with the WebNowPlayer version. Currently, Spicetify doesn't support version 0.5.0 and newer, so the solution is to downgrade my version of WebNowPlayer (1.0.4) to WebNowPlayer (0.5.0). Until Spicetify is updated to work with the newer versions, I'll stick with 0.5.0 for now. Also, note that the seek song slider on Mond only works when I'm using PlayerSpotify.ini that xenium provided as supposed to the original Player.ini. Btw, thanks a lot for the quick responses on helping me troubleshoot this xenium, it helped a lot! Hopefully this thing doesn't break in the future :D
x_is_taken

Post by x_is_taken »

KrispyaKaza wrote: June 26th, 2022, 11:50 am Everything works BUT the meter and time on the left stop after 2 seconds and don't move again unless I pause and unpause the song
not sure if it's an issue you're still having, but I was able to find out that if spotify is minimized to tray my player widget performs better