It is currently June 17th, 2024, 8:49 am

Scrolling text

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Scrolling text

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:36 pmYes
So, what about the different widths of artist and titles? On implementing the "eating of chars", only the widest of them will suffer some visual changes, and that will be visible only in the part that's not already hidden / out of view ...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:42 pm So, what about the different widths of artist and titles? On implementing the "eating of chars", only the widest of them will suffer some visual changes, and that will be visible only in the part that's not already hidden / out of view ...
My general though is implementing your char eating system with the width for a "safety measure" for music with longer names (ie: Burn my dread ~Last Battle~) so that it goes all the way out can be read and still gets eaten while not going over other meters
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:51 pm My general though is implementing your char eating system with the width for a "safety measure" for music with longer names (ie: Burn my dread ~Last Battle~) so that it goes all the way out can be read and still gets eaten while not going over other meters
I see. So, would putting the artist and the title on the same row be feasible? Or you'd like it to stay this way, on 2 rows?
Crash

Post by Crash »

2 rows would be preferable, I figure if the scrolling works for one row then making another meter that uses that same scroll function would be feasable.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:56 pm 2 rows would be preferable, I figure if the scrolling works for one row then making another meter that uses that same scroll function would be feasable.
Ok then. I asked because in the current version, if i add the same IfCondition:

Code: Select all

IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<#Width#)
IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureScroll"]
IfFalseAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureScroll"]
to [mBottomTextWidth], sometimes when switching from one song to another (with the former having the artist longer than the title and the latter having the title longer than the artist) the scroll is not happening. It happens if I stop playing and then play though. Anyway, I will investigate why this happens (I already suspect some of the possible reasons).

Will try to implement the char eating system for balala's version. I don't promise anything though - I can only say that I will try my best. ;-)
Crash

Post by Crash »

Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:03 pm Ok then. I asked because in the current version, if i add the same IfCondition:

Code: Select all

IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION#<#Width#)
IfTrueAction=[!DisableMeasure "MeasureScroll"]
IfFalseAction=[!EnableMeasure "MeasureScroll"]
to [mBottomTextWidth], sometimes when switching from one song to another (with the former having the artist longer than the title and the latter having the title longer than the artist) the scroll is not happening. It happens if I stop playing and then play though. Anyway, I will investigate why this happens (I already suspect some of the possible reasons).

Will try to implement the char eating system for balala's version. I don't promise anything though - I can only say that I will try my best. ;-)
Huge thanks, I very much appreciate everything you guys have done thus far! Could the issue possibly be from thinking a variable for the name or artist is empty?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Crash wrote: April 6th, 2020, 4:51 pm My general though is implementing your char eating system with the width for a "safety measure" for music with longer names (ie: Burn my dread ~Last Battle~) so that it goes all the way out can be read and still gets eaten while not going over other meters
Just realizing this: do you actually want that the music with longer names (that can still fit the container and be entirely visible) still implements a way of "scrolling" by eating out their first chars? I'm trying to see if it's the "scroll" (in all circumstances, irrespective of string lengths) that you actually want, or it's the "effect" of eating out the first chars? Because if it's the former, then this could be done much easier, by endlessly scrolling artist and title no matter their length. If it's the latter, then the "eat out" effect is required.

So, which one is it? Just trying to get your view on this beforehand, so that the final result won't need any more adjustments and be exactly what you envision.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sorry guys, today I couldn't post, because the many times described problems with the not being able to post, to login, to logout and so on, occurred for me today. Now it seems to has been solved.
So, question now is if Yincognito's solution fixed the issue. Did it?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:21 pm Sorry guys, today I couldn't post, because the many times described problems with the not being able to post, to login, to logout and so on, occurred for me today. Now it seems to has been solved.
So, question now is if Yincognito's solution fixed the issue. Did it?
I had the same problem with logging in today, but it started working a couple of hours ago. This issue is becoming really annoying...
No, I didn't yet fixed the issue (i.e. didn't make the eat out effect in your version yet). Just trying to find out what exactly the OP wants and also to understand why adding that IfCondition to [mBottomTextWidth] sometimes prevents scrolling (maybe you could have some ideas on the latter thing?)...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:26 pm I had the same problem with logging in today, but it started working a couple of hours ago. This issue is becoming really annoying...
For me it started to work only now. Many times annoying indeed.
Yincognito wrote: April 6th, 2020, 5:26 pm No, I didn't yet fixed the issue (i.e. didn't make the eat out effect in your version yet). Just trying to find out what exactly the OP wants and also to understand why adding that IfCondition to [mBottomTextWidth] sometimes prevents scrolling (maybe you could have some ideas on the latter thing?)...
Ok, will take a look...