It is currently September 7th, 2024, 11:56 pm

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
teebee

Re: Market Prices

Post by teebee »

Hi, I'm using PricesHorizontalRow Version=15-02-2021 which I have edited to display 12 stocks. Is it possible to make the stock name change color if you are in loss or gain?
teebee

Post by teebee »

Hi, I'm using CurrencyMarkets Version=26-08-2021 and edited it so it looks more like PricesHorizontalRow Version=15-02-2021. Is it possible to have the currency shorten name? I check against NOK and it displays Norwegian Krone and takes up so much space. Would like it to show NOK/USD instead.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

teebee wrote: July 22nd, 2024, 8:34 am Is it possible to make the stock name change color if you are in loss or gain?
Go into whatever .ini file you have and look for [UpDownSteady1]. Then replace it with the following code.

Code: Select all

[UpDownSteady1]
Measure=Calc
Formula=mIndex1_UpDown
IfAboveValue=0
IfAboveAction=[!SetOption "LabelPrice1" "FontColor" "#ColorUp#"] [!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorUp#"] 
IfEqualValue=0
IfEqualAction=[!SetOption "LabelPrice1" "FontColor" "#ColorSteady#"] [!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorSteady#"] 
IfBelowValue=0
IfBelowAction=[!SetOption "LabelPrice1" "FontColor" "#ColorDown#"] [!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorDown#"] 
DynamicVariables=1
Disabled=#HideColoredPrices#
All we need to do is use the !SetOption bang to change the color of the font used in [Label-1] to #ColorUp#, #ColorSteady# or #ColorDown#. Rinse and repeat the process for all numbers of [UpDownSteady?].
teebee

Post by teebee »

Sweet thanks. I added Price1 in CNBC-Horiz.inc and changed the value from 0 to Price1 in the PricesHorizontal.ini so I only need to change stuff in one file and it seems to work :D

Guess I spoke to soon. It changed the color, but I guess it follows the stock direction and not if it's a gain or loss on the price you paid.

I downloaded another of your skin with gain/loss and tried to understand the code, I figured it out after a lot of testing.

[cChangeFromBuyPrice1]
Measure=Calc
Formula=  ( [mIndex1_Price] - #BuyPrice1# ) 
IfCondition=(#CURRENTSECTION# > 0)
IfTrueAction=[!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorUp#"] 
IfCondition2=(#CURRENTSECTION# = 0)
IfTrueAction2=[!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorSteady#"] 
IfCondition3=(#CURRENTSECTION# <0 )
IfTrueAction3=[!SetOption "Label-1" "FontColor" "#ColorDown#"] 
;OnChangeAction=[!ShowMeterGroup OverallGroup1] [!UpdateMeterGroup OverallGroup1] [!Redraw]
DynamicVariables=1
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

teebee wrote: July 22nd, 2024, 8:51 am Is it possible to have the currency shorten name? I check against NOK and it displays Norwegian Krone and takes up so much space. Would like it to show NOK/USD instead.
For this you can change [mIndex_Name] to use RegExp substitute directly on the #CurrencyPair# variable

[mIndex1_Name]
Measure=String
RegExpSubstitute=1
String=#CurrencyPair1#
Substitute="^(.{3})(.{3})$":"\2 / \1"
and so on for all [mIndex?_Name]s
teebee

Post by teebee »

Thanks again. Now it looks good.
rainmeter.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

teebee wrote: July 23rd, 2024, 6:48 am Thanks again. Now it looks good.
Looks as though you may need to move Col9 around 20pixels to the right
teebee

Post by teebee »

Mordasius wrote: July 23rd, 2024, 6:58 am Looks as though you may need to move Col9 around 20pixels to the right
It's where the market prices and currencymarkets skins meet. Usually the stocks have color so and I'm more interested in the direction than the actual number as I'm long in the stocks. Also with the currency I'm mostly interested in the direction and I have changed the color so green is down and red is up since it's better for NOK that other currencies fall. I might squeeze the stocks closer and add another column to get more stocks later. I like lots of information that use little space :D
digidog

Post by digidog »

Hello All,

Forgive me if this was mentioned somewhere along the line, I did read through all of the posts.

For people that wish to extend the text length for the stock name, I found by accident that adjusting the "ReduceBy=" variable in StockSymbols.inc with a NEGATIVE number works :)

example... ReduceBy=-15 will give extra characters and extend the bounding box of the whole skin without visual errors.

If this is documented somewhere please slap me for not finding it before posting.

Recently discovered this skin and love it ! Thank you !

Cheers