It is currently June 27th, 2024, 6:23 pm

⭐ Weather.com - Parsing the V3 JSON

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
jsmorley
Developer

Re: ⭐ Weather.com - Parsing the JSON

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:20 pm Howdy... sent you a PM with all fixes incorporated. Just FYI. :)
Ok, to be clear, what you sent me in the PM includes all the changes that OnyxBlack has in his most recent .zip, and has your fixes for those couple of bugs?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:21 pm Ok, to be clear, what you sent me in the PM includes all the changes that OnyxBlack has in his most recent .zip, and has your fixes for those couple of bugs?
Correct!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:22 pmCorrect!
Aight then, I'll use your WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc. Thanks a TON!

Just as an aside, I dropped it into my @Resources folder and my Weather.Com skin works almost perfectly. I needed to tweak one small thing in the skin, as I like "Friday" instead of "Fri", but other than that, perfect.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

jsmorley wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:23 pm Aight then, I'll use your WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc. Thanks a TON!
Welcome! I also have a working Alerts file (this is new), it's a tweak of Xenium's latest V3 skin but in your template format. He's also worked out the regexps for the pollen/allergy stuff.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

SilverAzide wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:25 pm Welcome! I also have a working Alerts file (this is new), it's a tweak of Xenium's latest V3 skin but in your template format. He's also worked out the regexps for the pollen/allergy stuff.
I wonder what the best way to incorporate the Alerts stuff is. A separate .inc file perhaps?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yep, that's what I did. I'll PM it to you and you can decide if you want to include it. I used your technique (like in the moon) to reference the "master" entire site super parent.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

jsmorley wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:23 pm Aight then, I'll use your WeatherComJSONMeasures.inc. Thanks a TON!

Just as an aside, I dropped it into my @Resources folder and my Weather.Com skin works almost perfectly. I needed to tweak one small thing in the skin, as I like "Friday" instead of "Fri", but other than that, perfect.
So, in the end, how will this be? You'll keep the V2 version along with the V3 one, or replace one with another? Just curious, since keeping both versions would probably be wiser, for those still having the V2...

P.S. Just checked now (after a day or so of not checking) and V2 is not working anymore for me either (as expected). But of course, I already have the new version working. :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Yincognito wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:29 pm So, in the end, how will this be? You'll keep the V2 version along with the V3 one, or replace one with another? Just curious, since keeping both versions would probably be wiser, for those still having the V2...

P.S. Just checked now (after a day or so of not checking) and V2 is not working anymore for me either (as expected). But of course, I already have the new version working. :D
I think I'm just going to replace all the @Include files with the new stuff. Looks to me like V2 is done. I'll certainly keep it around in case we need it.

No amount of hammering cookies or setting UserAgent has been able to get any vestige of the V2 stuff for two days now.
OnyxBlack

Post by OnyxBlack »

jsmorley wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:23 pm Just as an aside, I dropped it into my @Resources folder and my Weather.Com skin works almost perfectly. I needed to tweak one small thing in the skin, as I like "Friday" instead of "Fri", but other than that, perfect.
I'm not sure if this is related to that, but I did do some modifications on the @Forecast[day]DayLong/-Short measures, on my orginal post on page 23 I explained my reasoning. Just making sure.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

OnyxBlack wrote: June 5th, 2020, 1:36 pm I'm not sure if this is related to that, but I did do some modifications on the @Forecast[day]DayLong/-Short measures, on my orginal post on page 23 I explained my reasoning. Just making sure.
Yes, I'm fine with the change you made. It just required a tiny tweak to my skin to get the "long" version instead of the "short" version.

I'll have to dig a bit further, as for the current day, I actually prefer "Today" rather than "Friday".