It is currently June 16th, 2024, 1:38 am

Weather not working?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Weather not working?

Post by balala »

jsmorley wrote: January 18th, 2020, 8:02 pm Ok, so for some languages you might need worry about where you put stuff... ;-)
Yeah, but this is not a problem. I plan to write my own code and I'll take care about this detail.
Thank you for the help. Again!
dasxardas

Post by dasxardas »

Hi,
Please I'm using Realistic Weather Forecast 5 plugin, but I have the same problem as most of users here RegEXP mathing error (-1), but I'm unable to edit this skin for use new data source address. Actually widget using wxdata.weather.com but this service is down, and I don't know how to edit these data source addresses to use weather.com. Please can you help me from anyone, who made it working again? Thanks a lot.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dasxardas wrote: March 6th, 2020, 9:50 am Please I'm using Realistic Weather Forecast 5 plugin, but I have the same problem as most of users here RegEXP mathing error (-1), but I'm unable to edit this skin for use new data source address. Actually widget using wxdata.weather.com but this service is down, and I don't know how to edit these data source addresses to use weather.com. Please can you help me from anyone, who made it working again? Thanks a lot.
The simplest possible advice is to go here, choose and download any of the already posted skins and use that one. You can find there a lot of well designed and well working skins, even if will be needed to try out more of them.
If on the other hand you really want to use Realistic Weather Forecast 5 (which I suppose is a skin, not a plugin!), first please post a link of it, to can take a look.
dasxardas

Post by dasxardas »

balala wrote: March 6th, 2020, 4:25 pm The simplest possible advice is to go here, choose and download any of the already posted skins and use that one. You can find there a lot of well designed and well working skins, even if will be needed to try out more of them.
If on the other hand you really want to use Realistic Weather Forecast 5 (which I suppose is a skin, not a plugin!), first please post a link of it, to can take a look.
The link for Realistic Weather forecast 5 is here https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Realistic-Weather-Forecast-5-722880348
I hope that someone make it alive again if developer won't. I'll take a look to your link, but I love my skin.

Thanks a lot :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dasxardas wrote: March 6th, 2020, 5:07 pm The link for Realistic Weather forecast 5 is here https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Realistic-Weather-Forecast-5-722880348
I hope that someone make it alive again if developer won't. I'll take a look to your link, but I love my skin.

Maybe this advice can help you update the skin, in order to work again. Try with just one or two meters first until you get the move and then you'll know what to do for the rest.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dasxardas wrote: March 6th, 2020, 5:07 pm The link for Realistic Weather forecast 5 is here https://www.deviantart.com/hiphopium/art/Realistic-Weather-Forecast-5-722880348

The original author does not have the time to change all of his creations...
HipHopium wrote:And please don't ask me, "Do you plan to update all weather skins?" or "Do you plan to change weather provider for all weather skins?"
Because my answer will be "No, i don't planning, because that's a huge job and require a lot of time. I have my obligations and my life.But if someone of you have a free time and if want, you can always do that. Then you can always post a download link on my pages. If you do that, i will be really glad. Please feel free to do that." 8-)
So the advice given by balala and Yincognito should help you either find a similar skin or modify Realistic Weather.
dasxardas

Post by dasxardas »

eclectic-tech wrote: March 7th, 2020, 4:21 am The original author does not have the time to change all of his creations...So the advice given by balala and Yincognito should help you either find a similar skin or modify Realistic Weather.
I know. I tried that but I'm unable to make it works, because I'm totally confused of that :( Never mind.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

dasxardas wrote: March 7th, 2020, 8:42 am I know. I tried that but I'm unable to make it works, because I'm totally confused of that :( Never mind.
I can show you how to make one displayed field (say, the temperature) work, if you promise you'll make the others... :D
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Come on guys, I know about the prohibition of skin request, however I think that if we want to help, we have to at least start to rewrite the needed skin, because for a beginner (what probably dasxardas is) it is extremely hard to rewrite such a complex skin, how these weather skins became, or probably is close to impossible. Posting some links to the descriptions needed to be followed in most cases doesn't help.
So:
dasxardas wrote: March 6th, 2020, 5:07 pm I hope that someone make it alive again if developer won't. I'll take a look to your link, but I love my skin.
I begun to rewrite the skin, in order to get it to work with the weather.com. It's far away from being finished, however it's a start. Attached you find the (partially) rewritten skin. Please install it and let me know how does it work. If it does, we'll continue to rewrite it, to get it fully working. I had to recreate the whole skin installer, because beside rewriting some codes of the existing files, I also added some new files.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

dvo wrote: March 7th, 2020, 1:57 pm nice balala :thumbup: , but the translations in the skin are poor, made my one... with all dutch instead of 3 things... not your fault but the rest is not included in the translations files.... kind of stupid... :oops: :D
As far as I can tell, there is no need to translate. weather.com can return the strings in (almost?) any language. Dutch for sure. I'm using my weather skin in both Romanian and Hungarian and there si nothing translated, I get all strings already translated.