It is currently September 8th, 2024, 4:48 am

Chameleon to change skin color based on wallpaper engine wallpaper and not windows background

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Chameleon to change skin color based on wallpaper engine wallpaper and not windows background

Post by Yincognito »

Taher wrote: July 1st, 2024, 11:51 am I thought of a work around:

Convert my mp4 live wallpapers to gif online (those which are project.json or .pkg files I'll screen record and convert to gif) and then use your proposed solution to set the wallpapers in rainmeter in exactly in the same order as present in the wallpaper engine playlist so when there will be live wallpapers rainmeter will have set the first frame in the background and due to which chameleon will redraw the colors and it will work as expected and as desired.

What do you think of it ?
Not a bad idea. Some things you should be aware of though:
- if you're ok with using only the 1st frame in those .gif / .mp4 files, no need to waste time convert the whole file, just extract the 1st frame from it, it'll take less time and effort
- screen recording will slightly lower the quality of the result since it recodes the content again with the codec you use, so you might want to investigate the files listed in those .json or .pkg files by opening them with any text viewer to see what's inside (by the way, if the first 2 chars from a file viewed this way are PK or even MZ, than that file can be decompressed with 7Zip or similar)
- if you'll be using only the 1st frame of those converted .gif files, you won't have any kind of gif animation when "playing" the said list as wallpapers

Otherwise, yeah, bar the animation side if it (which unfortunately cannot be directly used in Rainmeter and Chameleon, unlike in Wallpaper Engine), your idea is exactly what I proposed from the start as well. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth