It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:30 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arcanosa84

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 9th, 2023, 8:32 pm :thumbup:

For sure! There is no one who could know everything. I'm working with Rainmeter from more than 10 years and there still are things which I have no idea about. But we all keep learning...

And what about the way in which you're using those file with the #@# variable? Does it work that way? I see your post below related to not working, but are you sure? See me reply below as well.
Doesn't really matter the version of Rainmeter, the differences relies on the paths on those computers. However the #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc path (and same for all others as well) should work, because Rainmeter resolves the #ROOTCONFIGPATH# variable correctly on both computers.

Such paths work (with extremely - extremely rare exception) only on the computer on which the code has been written, because the E:\Languages\English path most probably doesn't exist on the other computers. In order Rainmeter can open the set folder, its path has to be correct.
Additional note: the !execute bang has been deprectated long - long (extremely long) time ago, no need to use it. The above LeftMouseUpAction option should look this way: LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"]. If the link is correct and can be accessed on a computer, the above option will work on that computer, for sure.

To be honest if those files exist in the appropriate locations, I doubt the skin can1t acces their content. I never saw something like this.
Make sure you have the needed files in the appropriate locations. This means you have to have the following files:
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Styles.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Links.inc
Do you have these files and if you have them, do they have the needed content?

An additional question and a comment:
  • Is there anything else we can help you with? Sorry, but I'm not sure now.
  • When you want to quote an existing post, don't use the [...] symbol. If you click the Reply with quote on a post, you get quoted that post in your reply.
    ReplyWithQuote.png
    It's much easier for us to can follow which post are replying to.
I already discovered what the problem was, and if it works that way:
@Include=#@#\Config\Variables.inc
@Include2=#@#\Config\Styles.inc
@Include3=#@#\Config\Links.inc

The situation is in a skin that I use that has something additional, this is how the other two accesses to variable documents:
@Include4=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Circle\GPU Circle\Config\_Shared\Settings.inc
@Include5=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\Circle\GPU Circle\Config\_Shared\Shared.inc

In this case, how would it be, since #@# is for the @Resources folder
That's the problem I had. :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

PD:I already tried it on the laptop and I can't get it to work, look this is the code and the variable Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés
However, if I put Link4 instead I put the value directly from the variable if it works.
That is, Link=E:\Idiomas\Inglés, if it works, it is because it does not load the variables. but the colors and other variables. That folder exists on the laptop, that link is for the specific laptop. :confused:

Code: Select all

[rainmeter]
Author=AlexSoft
Update=1000

[Variables]
@Include=#@#\Config\Variables.inc
@Include2=#@#\Config\Styles.inc
@Include3=#@#\Config\Links.inc

Link=#Link4#

Color1=#Color1#
Color2=#Color2#

LauncherW=36
LineW=240
StrokeW=2
LineGap=5

FontName=#Font1#
FontColor=#Color3#
FontSize=12

---Measures---

[Ejecutable]
meter=Image
X=((#LineW#-#LauncherW#)/2)
Y=(#LineGap#+#StrokeW#)R
W=(#LauncherW#)
ImageName=#@#/Icon/Ejecutar/IconL.png
AntiAlias=1
DynamicVariables=1
MouseOverAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint "#Color1#"][!Update]
MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageTint ""][!Update]
LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link#"]

---Globo---

ToolTipType=1
ToolTipTitle="   Laptop"
ToolTipIcon=#@#/Icon/Ejecutar/IconL.ico
ToolTipText=Click para Abrir
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 10th, 2023, 12:37 am That's the way it is, I've been learning for a month, and I've accomplished things on my own, but there are things that seem complicated to me, due to some nonsense, and it's hard for me to realize it, but I know that little by little I'm going to achieve it. thanks for the support.

Logically, that route exists on the laptop, and I prepared it for that, I only changed the value of the variable, and even then it didn't load it, I resolved, putting the value of the link variable directly in the Skin, that is, Apparently it did not load it from the file with the saved variables.
When I put #@# it does not load on my computer, where I am working on the skins, the colors and fonts do not load, it is clearly seen why the skins were transformed, I am going to do tests on small skins to see if it really doesn't Does it work or did I omit something?

I will change the way to access access to this LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"] to see if that could be the problem.
Let's assume you have this folder on a computer: E:\Languages\English. If the folder exists and once again, if it exists and if it is declared as a variable (Link2=E:\Languages\English) in the [Variables] section, there is no way not to work both options on that computer (LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"] and LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Languages\English"]) - excepting the case described below.
And even more, if the same path exists onto another computer, any form of the option works on that computer as well. However none of them will work onto a computer on which the path is not accessible (so where the English folder doesn't exist).
And even more: since the specified path doesn't contain spaces, the option should work even without quoting the variable or the path. So in this case (but this doesn't apply in all cases anymore!) both of the following two options should work: LeftMouseUpAction=[#Link2#] and LeftMouseUpAction=[E:\Languages\English]. The quotes are needed only when there are spaces in the path. However using those quotes all the times, is a better practice, to form a habbit, which prevents you in forgetting them later, when the will be absolutely needed. But strictly speaking and strictly in this case, the options should work even without quotes.
However those LinkX variables seem to exist into the Links.inc file, so if you declaring them once again the skin can cause the variable(s) not to work. This is the explanation of why the directly added path works in the LeftMouseUpAction option, but doesn't when used as a variable. There is a conflict.
So you should remove the variables from the [Variables] section of the file and use them from the Links.inc file. This the most logic approach, but can be used from the skin file as well. Just make sure not to have them declared twice.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 10th, 2023, 1:51 amI already solved that, before they gave me an answer I managed to see in the manual how to do it, and in fact it turned out better, since not only did I activate it, but it also closed in the same action.
Yes, I noticed that, but by now you need to do this all the time for simple things like this, so that folks can help you with more complex things, that's all I'm saying. Also, the language is a huge barrier for you, since you don't speak English and have to translate everything. It is difficult for folks to help because of that, because a part of what you write doesn't make sense in proper English and they have to use their intuition to guess what you meant (yeah, I know, it's probably the same for you as well). Mixing subjects when writing doesn't help either, because you talk about both the Link4 issue and the @Include problem at the same time, making it hard to follow what exactly are you referrring to in a paragraph.

For the record, in the Links.inc file you uploaded earlier, Link3=D:\Idiomas\Inglés and Link4=\\Laptop. There is no Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés like you mentioned. So, we are - again - not on the same page when talking about things here.

P.S. By the way, you still didn't use the !Log bang I mentioned to help you with identifying how to solve the path problem - just like I anticipated. It makes no sense to complain that you lack the necessary tools to help you learn if after being provided with such a tool, you don''t use it. A simple LeftMouseUpAction=[!Log "Link 4 Path: #Link4#"]["#Link4#"] and watching the Log Tab after clicking would have clarified what was the value of #Link4# in the first place, helping with solving the problem yourself (yet another simple thing that you should be familiar with by now)...
Last edited by Yincognito on September 10th, 2023, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: September 10th, 2023, 12:56 pm For the record, in the Links.inc file you uploaded earlier, Link3=D:\Idiomas\Inglés and Link4=\\Laptop. There is no Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés like you mentioned. So, we are - again - not on the same page when talking about things here.
I assume the first form of the Link4 variable (Link4=\\Laptop) is declared into the posted Links.inc file (this is for sure), while the second form (Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés) has been declared into [Variables] section of the skin itself. So finally both are present in the skin and this causes a conflict, as I described above.
Not sure I am correct, but my assumption is I am. Waiting for some details...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:39 pmwhile the second form (Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés) has been declared into [Variables] section of the skin itself
Might be, though this is not obvious from any of the codes posted by the OP. For the record, here are the latest complete codes of the skin using those links and of the configuration skin that I'm aware of, from the other thread. The skin where he's using the links is basically a development of a menu-like launcher based on a FileView data retrieval system I helped him with, while the configuration skin is an expansion of an older skin by the OP. He probably modified the former to some extent, but considering that he already had the Links include in the code back then, I'm not sure whether the duplicate declaration of variables is likely. Clear details would indeed help here... :confused:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2023, 6:35 am Let's assume you have this folder on a computer: E:\Languages\English. If the folder exists and once again, if it exists and if it is declared as a variable (Link2=E:\Languages\English) in the [Variables] section, there is no way not to work both options on that computer (LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"] and LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Languages\English"]) - excepting the case described below.
And even more, if the same path exists onto another computer, any form of the option works on that computer as well. However none of them will work onto a computer on which the path is not accessible (so where the English folder doesn't exist).
And even more: since the specified path doesn't contain spaces, the option should work even without quoting the variable or the path. So in this case (but this doesn't apply in all cases anymore!) both of the following two options should work: LeftMouseUpAction=[#Link2#] and LeftMouseUpAction=[E:\Languages\English]. The quotes are needed only when there are spaces in the path. However using those quotes all the times, is a better practice, to form a habbit, which prevents you in forgetting them later, when the will be absolutely needed. But strictly speaking and strictly in this case, the options should work even without quotes.
However those LinkX variables seem to exist into the Links.inc file, so if you declaring them once again the skin can cause the variable(s) not to work. This is the explanation of why the directly added path works in the LeftMouseUpAction option, but doesn't when used as a variable. There is a conflict.
So you should remove the variables from the [Variables] section of the file and use them from the Links.inc file. This the most logic approach, but can be used from the skin file as well. Just make sure not to have them declared twice.

Although it seems I don't know if it exists, and it only works if I name the variable within the same configuration, not load it from variables. Even and placing them with quotes, that's why I have a doubt, the links file that I uploaded does not match what is described because it is the one on my PC, and what I showed is on the laptop, it was so that they could assess that it is well described, well Of course I have to change it on each computer. My mistake, next time I will show the exact thing. but I still can't get it to work. :confused:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 10th, 2023, 9:41 pm Might be, though this is not obvious from any of the codes posted by the OP. For the record, here are the latest complete codes of the skin using those links and of the configuration skin that I'm aware of, from the other thread. The skin where he's using the links is basically a development of a menu-like launcher based on a FileView data retrieval system I helped him with, while the configuration skin is an expansion of an older skin by the OP. He probably modified the former to some extent, but considering that he already had the Links include in the code back then, I'm not sure whether the duplicate declaration of variables is likely. Clear details would indeed help here... :confused:
Although it seems illogical if it exists, and it only works if I name the variable within the same configuration, not load it from variables. Even and placing them with quotes, that's why I have a doubt, the links file that I uploaded does not match what is described because it is the one on my PC, and what I showed is on the laptop, it was so that they could assess that it is described, well of course I have to change it on each computer. My mistake, next time I will show the exact thing. but I still can't get it to work. :confused:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:39 pm I assume the first form of the Link4 variable (Link4=\\Laptop) is declared into the posted Links.inc file (this is for sure), while the second form (Link4=E:\Idiomas\Inglés) has been declared into [Variables] section of the skin itself. So finally both are present in the skin and this causes a conflict, as I described above.
Not sure I am correct, but my assumption is I am. Waiting for some details...
PD:Annex to the queries I have made, in my configuration skin, I can hide 3 Measurements, I have them marked in the image, when for example, the skin that corresponds to it is not loaded???

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2023, 5:39 pmWaiting for some details...
Good luck with that... :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 11th, 2023, 3:42 am PD:Annex to the queries I have made, in my configuration skin, I can hide 3 Measurements, I have them marked in the image, when for example, the skin that corresponds to it is loaded???
Look for the ConfigActive plugin on this forum and install it by installing its skin. Read its usage instructions. Hide the desired meters using the corresponding bangs when the proper conditions are met.

No code for this from me, as usual, because you should have zero problems in implementing this yourself after all this time using similar approaches in other cases. Just like you should know by now that "measurements" cannot be hidden, only meters can. If you don't, then it must be the fault of the deficient manual again, like you said... :???: