It is currently September 29th, 2024, 5:19 am

Display recently added items from Kodi web interface?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
cemara

Re: Display recently added items from Kodi web interface?

Post by cemara »

Bekarfel wrote:Where does rainmeter say it is writing your webparser dump to? It shouldn't be "anywhere", but in the exact location Rainmeter says it is.
In the same folder as the skin..

Perhaps webparser only works with input that has extension? JSON request doesn't have any extension..

Code: Select all

http://cemara:kodi@192.168.0.147:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"VideoLibrary.GetRecentlyAddedMovies","id":1,"params":[["year" , "thumbnail"],{"end":10,"start":0}]}
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

Rainmeter received a message from the operating system indicating that it successfully wrote the log file to that location. I would suspect external programs such as firewall, antivirus, "security sweets", etc. to be the crux of this problem.

I've heard of at least 1 "High quality antivirus software" company besmirching Rainmeter's good name under the guise of keeping the internet safe from criminal bums
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
cemara

Post by cemara »

Bekarfel wrote:Rainmeter received a message from the operating system indicating that it successfully wrote the log file to that location. I would suspect external programs such as firewall, antivirus, "security sweets", etc. to be the crux of this problem.

I've heard of at least 1 "High quality antivirus software" company besmirching Rainmeter's good name under the guise of keeping the internet safe from criminal bums
Im only using nod32... didnt show any virus warning when i tested this... i just turned off the antivirus and refresh the skin but still no log file..
Bekarfel

Post by Bekarfel »

I can't say why the log file is not available on your system without some advanced logging information, something like Process Monitor would work. I would expect it would log a bunch of stuff, and somewhere in that stuff is rainmeter writing the webparserlog file and then another program either moving or removing that file.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
cemara

Post by cemara »

Bekarfel wrote:I can't say why the log file is not available on your system without some advanced logging information, something like Process Monitor would work. I would expect it would log a bunch of stuff, and somewhere in that stuff is rainmeter writing the webparserlog file and then another program either moving or removing that file.
Is there any known problems with windows 10 ?
I just installed a fresh windows 10 x64 and copied the network.ini file.. and still the same, log tab shows webparserdump being generated but there's nothing in said location..

I tried version 3.3.. same problem, no webparserdump.txt
On "show log file" it only says this :

WebParser: ProxyServer="/auto" (type=PRECONFIG, handle=0x00CC0004)

winterwulf

Post by winterwulf »

cemara wrote:Is there any known problems with windows 10 ?
I just installed a fresh windows 10 x64 and copied the network.ini file.. and still the same, log tab shows webparserdump being generated but there's nothing in said location..

I tried version 3.3.. same problem, no webparserdump.txt
On "show log file" it only says this :

WebParser: ProxyServer="/auto" (type=PRECONFIG, handle=0x00CC0004)

I also had this problem with Debug=2

is there someway to set another path to the dumb .txt file?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

winterwulf wrote:I also had this problem with Debug=2

is there someway to set another path to the dumb .txt file?
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual-beta/plugins/webparser/#Debug2File
cemara

Post by cemara »

Tried it but it wont write anything to the specififed file

It's same for both v4 and v3.3