It is currently September 18th, 2024, 1:33 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
arcanosa84

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]

Exactly, Select will only have two values, since they are the only conditions I need, plus I already saw what I was missing for my measurement to work. With this correction now complete I can continue advancing in the project, since that is not the only thing I want. :D :D

I went with the first option, and well I was doing tests and I like the result.
Now that I have implemented it in the original code, I see how it looks and I will tell you the results. :great: :great:

Could you tell me why the change that you suggested in the variables did not work for me, in the old way it works, but in the current way it does not, the skins lose the established colors and the programmed fonts. :(

Thank you very much again. :welcome: :welcome:

PD:I already tried it and it works perfectly :D :D :D :great: :great: :great: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 8th, 2023, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]

Hello hello, I have to disagree, yes it is true that with the code provided by someone it is much easier to copy and paste, but no, you are wrong in what I want, each teacher has his methods and each student his speed, there is I managed to learn many things, but it is impossible for me to learn everything. When converting the variable to text, I had a thousand problems that I could not solve with the manual. From my ignorance and ignorance of the subject, I tell you that the explanations in it are deficient. for those who do not know the subject, and using an example of what it describes, and substituting what I need, I did not achieve the result. and something like RegExpSubstitute=1 was what I was missing in my measurement, as I mentioned in the other thread, I really appreciate your effort and I would like to continue counting on your help, but you can't lose your patience so easily, as an audience member, it's complicated learn without all the necessary tools. :welcome: :welcome:

You know my code inside out since you assembled part of it and you should continue in that guide but ignoring what is described in the manual, and using your words guide me to learn, I understand better explained with final examples, than with what is in it. It is valid to clarify that within the same skin if I put the link it works, the problem is when loading it from the Links file.
So that you see sometimes copy and paste does not solve, they rectified a way of posing the variables like this:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
@Include=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc
@Include2=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Styles.inc
@Include3=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Links.inc
That's how I should put them, but it doesn't work for me, the colors I put in the skins and the applied fonts didn't load, I also wanted to put one of my projects on my wife's laptop and something basic didn't work that on my PC did, It is the same Rainmeter, it is the same skin and the same configuration of the accesses that we made for menus, use in variables, Links file in this way
Link2=E:\Languages\English
and in the code it is
LeftMouseUpAction=!execute ["#Link2#"]
On my PC it works perfectly, on your laptop no, that cannot be rectified with any manual. I've already tried several things and nothing, it doesn't load the variable from that file.
This is how they told me to put them. but it doesn't work on my pc:

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Config\Variables.inc
@Include2=#@#Config\Styles.inc
@Include3=#@#Config\Links.inc
I would like to learn from the experience of those of you who are advanced in this topic, but I have my rhythm, my limitations, but I have something left over, and that is the interest in learning. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :great: :bow:

PD:Here I show you where my folder is with the skins that I have made or modified.

How do I put the configuration skin as a shortcut? I want to put an icon from an icon on the desktop like I have my folders and drop-down menus to open that skin. Is it possible?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pm How do I put the configuration skin as a shortcut? I want to put an icon from an icon on the desktop like I have my folders and drop-down menus to open that skin. Is it possible?
Do you want a Windows desktop shortcut? That is done in Windows Explorer: Right-click the skin, select create shortcut, copy that shortcut to your Desktop folder.

If you mean open the skin from a Rainmeter bang, you use a mouse action with the !ActivateConfig.
Example to open illustro clock skin: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "illustro\Clock" "Clock.ini"]
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]
If you mean open the skin from a Rainmeter bang, you use a mouse action with the !ActivateConfig.
Example to open illustro clock skin: LeftMouseUpAction=[!ActivateConfig "illustro\Clock" "Clock.ini"]
Thank you, this was the way, what I want is to open a skin with access from another skin. and I had doubts about how to set the command line. :thumbup: :thumbup:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Always happy to help! :thumbup:

Note: if your question is related to particular skin, please make a habit of posting the complete current code or a rmskin package with the post so we are able to duplicate your situation.
Without that info the answers are going to be less accurate and frustrating you and for anyone trying to help.

Keep learning... But mostly have fun! :great:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

[...]

ok, I'll keep that in mind, I didn't have anything set up about it that's why I asked, in fact I modified the option you gave me, and used this form:
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "@AL\Settings" "Settings.ini"]
This way I get it to open and close when you click. :welcome: :welcome: :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pmeach teacher has his methods and each student his speed [...] something like RegExpSubstitute=1 was what I was missing in my measurement [...] but you can't lose your patience so easily [...] it's complicated learn without all the necessary tools [...] you know my code inside out since you assembled part of it [...] you should continue in that guide but ignoring what is described in the manual, and using your words guide me to learn, I understand better explained with final examples, than with what is in it
Sorry, but after 80 posts and more than 1 month of repeatedly posting code and line by line advice for things you already used in slightly different scenarios:
- a basic thing like making a Calc measure after explicitly told to make a String one tells one everything about the student's speed
- a basic thing like realising the measure works fine without the regex substitution tells one everything about you testing the code
- a basic thing like omitting the section name from setting an option tells one everything about checking the manual for its syntax
- a basic thing like pairing a known mouse action and a bang in an available list tells one everything about using key tools to learn
So, you can blame the teaching method, the deficient manual, the lack of learning tools or one's patience after a month of this all you want, the truth is there to see for anyone. Nobody said you need to learn everything, but the manual is there precisely so we don't have to waste our own time to repeat basic parts of it over and over each time someone else asks the same thing. You have that, the advice, the code, the brain, the time, the Google so I can't see what other tools might be needed. Understanding better from code snippets would be fine, but then you get lost applying them properly next time despite clear instructions on how to do so and minor differences from the previous scenario, so eventually this is equivalent with providing the whole code bit by bit, something other folks will notice soon enough on their own...
arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pmSo that you see sometimes copy and paste does not solve, they rectified a way of posing the variables like this:

[Variables]
That's how I should put them, but it doesn't work for me, the colors I put in the skins and the applied fonts didn't load, I also wanted to put one of my projects on my wife's laptop and something basic didn't work that on my PC did, It is the same Rainmeter, it is the same skin and the same configuration of the accesses that we made for menus, use in variables, Links file in this way
and in the code it is
On my PC it works perfectly, on your laptop no, that cannot be rectified with any manual. I've already tried several things and nothing, it doesn't load the variable from that file.
What are you expecting to rectify using copy pasting or the Rainmeter manual, if everything about the skin is the same, like you said? Paths that exist on your PC but don't exist on your wife's laptop? That's common sense logic when using a digital device, my friend, you don't need a manual to figure it out, it comes with your natural operating system, so to speak. However, if you insist in using the manual for that, you actually can:
- check the !Log bang in the manual
- use it to print the values of your include options (or any combination of values you're interested in, by the way)
- see if those match your actual paths on each computer
- act and adjust things accordingly
Don't wait for someone else to write the code for you, just follow the syntax in the manual and your own logic and needs. There you go, a necessary learning tool for you from the much hated manual, let's see if you can use it. :confused:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:28 pm PD:I already tried it and it works perfectly :D :D :D :great: :great: :great: :thumbup: :thumbup:
:thumbup:
arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pm but it is impossible for me to learn everything.
For sure! There is no one who could know everything. I'm working with Rainmeter from more than 10 years and there still are things which I have no idea about. But we all keep learning...
arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pm

[Variables]
That's how I should put them, but it doesn't work for me, the colors I put in the skins and the applied fonts didn't load, I also wanted to put one of my projects on my wife's laptop and something basic didn't work that on my PC did, It is the same Rainmeter,
And what about the way in which you're using those file with the #@# variable? Does it work that way? I see your post below related to not working, but are you sure? See me reply below as well.
Doesn't really matter the version of Rainmeter, the differences relies on the paths on those computers. However the #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc path (and same for all others as well) should work, because Rainmeter resolves the #ROOTCONFIGPATH# variable correctly on both computers.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pm Links file in this way
and in the code it is
Such paths work (with extremely - extremely rare exception) only on the computer on which the code has been written, because the E:\Languages\English path most probably doesn't exist on the other computers. In order Rainmeter can open the set folder, its path has to be correct.
Additional note: the !execute bang has been deprectated long - long (extremely long) time ago, no need to use it. The above LeftMouseUpAction option should look this way: LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"]. If the link is correct and can be accessed on a computer, the above option will work on that computer, for sure.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 8th, 2023, 10:48 pm This is how they told me to put them. but it doesn't work on my pc:

[Variables]
@Include=#@#Config\Variables.inc
@Include2=#@#Config\Styles.inc
@Include3=#@#Config\Links.inc
To be honest if those files exist in the appropriate locations, I doubt the skin can1t acces their content. I never saw something like this.
Make sure you have the needed files in the appropriate locations. This means you have to have the following files:
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Styles.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Links.inc
Do you have these files and if you have them, do they have the needed content?

An additional question and a comment:
  • Is there anything else we can help you with? Sorry, but I'm not sure now.
  • When you want to quote an existing post, don't use the [...] symbol. If you click the Reply with quote on a post, you get quoted that post in your reply.
    ReplyWithQuote.png
    It's much easier for us to can follow which post are replying to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 9th, 2023, 8:32 pm :thumbup:

For sure! There is no one who could know everything. I'm working with Rainmeter from more than 10 years and there still are things which I have no idea about. But we all keep learning...

And what about the way in which you're using those file with the #@# variable? Does it work that way? I see your post below related to not working, but are you sure? See me reply below as well.
Doesn't really matter the version of Rainmeter, the differences relies on the paths on those computers. However the #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc path (and same for all others as well) should work, because Rainmeter resolves the #ROOTCONFIGPATH# variable correctly on both computers.

Such paths work (with extremely - extremely rare exception) only on the computer on which the code has been written, because the E:\Languages\English path most probably doesn't exist on the other computers. In order Rainmeter can open the set folder, its path has to be correct.
Additional note: the !execute bang has been deprectated long - long (extremely long) time ago, no need to use it. The above LeftMouseUpAction option should look this way: LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"]. If the link is correct and can be accessed on a computer, the above option will work on that computer, for sure.

To be honest if those files exist in the appropriate locations, I doubt the skin can1t acces their content. I never saw something like this.
Make sure you have the needed files in the appropriate locations. This means you have to have the following files:
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Styles.inc
  • Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Links.inc

An additional question and a comment:
  • Is there anything else we can help you with? Sorry, but I'm not sure now.
  • When you want to quote an existing post, don't use the [...] symbol. If you click the Reply with quote on a post, you get quoted that post in your reply.
    ReplyWithQuote.png
    It's much easier for us to can follow which post are replying to.
That's the way it is, I've been learning for a month, and I've accomplished things on my own, but there are things that seem complicated to me, due to some nonsense, and it's hard for me to realize it, but I know that little by little I'm going to achieve it. thanks for the support.
Logically, that route exists on the laptop, and I prepared it for that, I only changed the value of the variable, and even then it didn't load it, I resolved, putting the value of the link variable directly in the Skin, that is, Apparently it did not load it from the file with the saved variables.
When I put #@# it does not load on my computer, where I am working on the skins, the colors and fonts do not load, it is clearly seen why the skins were transformed, I am going to do tests on small skins to see if it really doesn't Does it work or did I omit something?

I will change the way to access access to this LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"] to see if that could be the problem.
Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Variables.inc
Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Styles.inc
Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Config\Links.inc
Well yes, they are in that same location, and each one with the necessary content, I show it and load them so that I can check if I have any errors.

The Default file is only for now for the color variables that I have set for the configuration skin and to be able to restore them to the default values.

I will take into account the correct answer so that they do not get confused or lost, thank you. :welcome: :welcome: :D :D
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 9th, 2023, 2:48 pm Sorry, but after 80 posts and more than 1 month of repeatedly posting code and line by line advice for things you already used in slightly different scenarios:
- a basic thing like making a Calc measure after explicitly told to make a String one tells one everything about the student's speed
- a basic thing like realising the measure works fine without the regex substitution tells one everything about you testing the code
- a basic thing like omitting the section name from setting an option tells one everything about checking the manual for its syntax
- a basic thing like pairing a known mouse action and a bang in an available list tells one everything about using key tools to learn
So, you can blame the teaching method, the deficient manual, the lack of learning tools or one's patience after a month of this all you want, the truth is there to see for anyone. Nobody said you need to learn everything, but the manual is there precisely so we don't have to waste our own time to repeat basic parts of it over and over each time someone else asks the same thing. You have that, the advice, the code, the brain, the time, the Google so I can't see what other tools might be needed. Understanding better from code snippets would be fine, but then you get lost applying them properly next time despite clear instructions on how to do so and minor differences from the previous scenario, so eventually this is equivalent with providing the whole code bit by bit, something other folks will notice soon enough on their own...

What are you expecting to rectify using copy pasting or the Rainmeter manual, if everything about the skin is the same, like you said? Paths that exist on your PC but don't exist on your wife's laptop? That's common sense logic when using a digital device, my friend, you don't need a manual to figure it out, it comes with your natural operating system, so to speak. However, if you insist in using the manual for that, you actually can:
- check the !Log bang in the manual
- use it to print the values of your include options (or any combination of values you're interested in, by the way)
- see if those match your actual paths on each computer
- act and adjust things accordingly
Don't wait for someone else to write the code for you, just follow the syntax in the manual and your own logic and needs. There you go, a necessary learning tool for you from the much hated manual, let's see if you can use it. :confused:
I already solved that, before they gave me an answer I managed to see in the manual how to do it, and in fact it turned out better, since not only did I activate it, but it also closed in the same action. Yes, little by little you learn, and maybe 80 posts are not enough, but there is one thing I have no doubt about, which is that I am going to do my best to achieve my goals. Thank you for the help you have always given me.
LeftMouseUpAction=[!ToggleConfig "@AL\Settings" "Settings.ini"]
:welcome: :welcome: :D