It is currently September 29th, 2024, 3:32 pm

Step counter on button click

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Step counter on button click

Post by jsmorley »

Good luck.

Do be careful about infinite loops, they are possible if you have a skin that automatically evaluates a variable from an @Include file, does something with it, uses !WriteKeyValue to set that value in the file, and then does !Refresh. Think long and hard anytime you use !Refresh without a parameter to another config. If you !Refresh the current skin, be sure you are doing it in a way that doesn't get into an endless loop when the skin is refreshed.

That can be hard to get out of. Rainmeter will lock up, and in fact can make your entire desktop environment unresponsive. You will need to use CTRL-ALT-DEL (Task Manger) to kill Rainmeter, then edit the skin before you restart Rainmeter. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote:Good luck.

Do be careful about infinite loops, they are possible if you have a skin that automatically evaluates a variable from an @Include file, does something with it, uses !WriteKeyValue to set that value in the file, and then does !Refresh. Think long and hard anytime you use !Refresh without a parameter to another config. If you !Refresh the current skin, be sure you are doing it in a way that doesn't get into an endless loop when the skin is refreshed.

That can be hard to get out of. Rainmeter will lock up, and in fact can make your entire desktop environment unresponsive. You will need to use CTRL-ALT-DEL (Task Manger) to kill Rainmeter, then edit the skin before you restart Rainmeter. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt...
:D Thank you very much! Usually if i've got something like this buggy, then i was able to switch to the texteditor and as i undo it, and save it, everything came back responsive again. First i used Ctrl+alt+del, but i always try first this method! :)

Thank you again your helps and super fast responses with detailed solutions! :)
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

Yes..the !Refresh. I've got some problems with it.
Simply not working. With my other skin works without problems, with my new skin is not.

My folder structure is this: CleanLight\app1\api1.ini,.... CleanLight\app5\api5.ini, and CleanLight\@Resources\...

I use the api5.ini as Preferences panel, where all the controls are, included the button's number control too. I wanted to refresh the api1.ini with api5.ini.

In api5.ini :

Code: Select all

Command1=[!Refresh "app1\api1"]

In my other skins are working this method flawelessly. I don't get it.

Tried with simple LeftMouseDownAction, didn't worked eather.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

rbriddickk84 wrote:Yes..the !Refresh. I've got some problems with it.
Simply not working. With my other skin works without problems, with my new skin is not.

My folder structure is this: CleanLight\app1\api1.ini,.... CleanLight\app5\api5.ini, and CleanLight\@Resources\...

I use the api5.ini as Preferences panel, where all the controls are, included the button's number control too. I wanted to refresh the api1.ini with api5.ini.

In api5.ini :

Code: Select all

Command1=[!Refresh "app1\api1"]

In my other skins are working this method flawelessly. I don't get it.

Tried with simple LeftMouseDownAction, didn't worked eather.
The config name for the skin in CleanLight\app1\api1.ini is:

CleanLight\app1

Config names always are a definition of the folder structure under Skins\ where the skin resides.

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins#Config
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Post by rbriddickk84 »

jsmorley wrote: The config name for the skin in CleanLight\app1\api1.ini is:

CleanLight\app1

Config names always are a definition of the folder structure under Skins\ where the skin resides.

http://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins#Config
Omg... :headbang: Ofcourse! :thumbup:
Million thanks!!! :D