It is currently September 30th, 2024, 1:30 am

Why Did You Choose Radians?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Bones

Re: Why Did You Choose Radians?

Post by Bones »

Does that work? Because it brings up another issue I have - I hate the on-line only manual. I only switch my modem on when I want to use the 'net and I try to limit myself to a couple of hours a day. I'd much rather have a PDF manual I can have open on my Kindle while I work. I could do a million screen grabs or copy paste all the text into my own document but that would be a PITA. So far I've learned almost everything I know about Rainmeter by looking at other people's skins because it is much, much easier than looking at the manual. Of course, that is not without its issues. e.g. The reason I had trouble getting my head around "Value Remainder" is because it was mis-typed in the skin I was looking at as "Value Reminder". Obviously Rainmeter is clever enough to ignore that but it got me thinking in totally the wrong direction.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Here is an unofficial pdf of the Rainmeter manual: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13122

I am only speculating here, but I think the reason "ValueReminder" works is because of a typo in the earlier days of Rainmeter. To preserve backwards compatibility, "ValueReminder" was left in the code, along with the correct "ValueRemainder".

BTW - Radians are used mainly because the GDI functions require them. This is the reason we have added the RAD function to convert easily from degree to radian.

-Brian
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Bones wrote:Does that work? Because it brings up another issue I have - I hate the on-line only manual. I only switch my modem on when I want to use the 'net and I try to limit myself to a couple of hours a day. I'd much rather have a PDF manual I can have open on my Kindle while I work. I could do a million screen grabs or copy paste all the text into my own document but that would be a PITA. So far I've learned almost everything I know about Rainmeter by looking at other people's skins because it is much, much easier than looking at the manual. Of course, that is not without its issues. e.g. The reason I had trouble getting my head around "Value Remainder" is because it was mis-typed in the skin I was looking at as "Value Reminder". Obviously Rainmeter is clever enough to ignore that but it got me thinking in totally the wrong direction.
- load the manual page
- press CTRL + S and choose your location
- profit =)

thats the way I do it, and it works

another way would be wget, so with that you just download the whole page and you can "browse" as normal (but I suggest not to overuse it. It puts a lot load on the webserver)
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

Brian wrote:Here is an unofficial pdf of the Rainmeter manual: http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13122

I am only speculating here, but I think the reason "ValueReminder" works is because of a typo in the earlier days of Rainmeter. To preserve backwards compatibility, "ValueReminder" was left in the code, along with the correct "ValueRemainder".

BTW - Radians are used mainly because the GDI functions require them. This is the reason we have added the RAD function to convert easily from degree to radian.

-Brian
13 AUG 2004 (Version 0.12 ß)

Fixed !RainmeterLsBoxHook.
Position changing from the menu works a bit better now.
Mouse over actions didn't work unless the window was set to draggable. Fixed.
Added automatic update checking (it can be enabled from the about dialog).
Sending bangs to deactivated config shouldn't crash Rainmeter anymore.
Fixed a typo: ValueReminder -> ValueRemainder (the old one works still too)
Added LineStart to the roundline-meter.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

I knew I read that somewhere....

:)

-Brian