It is currently September 19th, 2024, 9:09 pm

Show Skin On Mouseover

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Hashim

Re: Show Skin On Mouseover

Post by Hashim »

jsmorley wrote:I would lean more toward just removing these setting entirely from the context menu, and supporting them in the "Manage" tool, where you can do all the same kinds of settings in an environment that support the kind of flexibility you want. You really just can't have an item you can "type into" in a context menu, it just isn't supported. So all three settings, HideOnMouseOver, AlphaValue and FadeDuration, are difficult to implement in a context menu in a way that allows the kind of granular settings that they should really support. Particularly as they really should be managed together in some logical way as they are related. In the Manage panel, the items could easily support both pulldowns and free form input fields, and is probably the best and in some ways the only way to support these correctly.

Rather than support these settings in a half-baked way in the context menu, I'd rather see it done correctly where it can be.
The Manage window is fine, if you think it would be best implemented there than in the pulldown menu, then by all means, go ahead and do it - all I was asking for was it to be implemented in some sort of user interface, instead of having to scroll through lines and lines of code and edit variables manually everytime. :)
Hashim

Post by Hashim »

Do you know roughly how long it could take to be have those options implemented into the Manage window?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Hashim wrote:Do you know roughly how long it could take to be have those options implemented into the Manage window?
Anywhere from next Sunday when we anticipate a new beta cycle starting to "never". As I said, there is no way this issue percolates to the top of the priority list, and I have no idea when or even if, this will get on the radar.
Hashim

Post by Hashim »

jsmorley wrote: Anywhere from next Sunday when we anticipate a new beta cycle starting to "never". As I said, there is no way this issue percolates to the top of the priority list, and I have no idea when or even if, this will get on the radar.
I see, well, I really do hope it does get implemented, and sometime soon at that - I see it being very useful for a lot of people, and from what I can see, it wouldn't even take much effort on the part of the developers who are in charge of coding all this - since everything is already there, it's just a simple matter of getting those options from the RM Settings file and putting them into a more readable, UI-friendly way in the Manage Panel. It would definitely be a massive shame if it didn't get implemented.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, jsmorley, you've been brilliant. :D