It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:27 am

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
.raptor

Spotify Plugin Released! Now with less bugs!

Post by .raptor »

raptor posted on July 24,2018;;The good news is at the bottom.
As much fun as this have been I have decided to stop development on this plugin. It has been an uphill battle for quite some time now, and I feel the final nail in the coffin has been set. The LocalApi has been shut down, and I am currently rate-limited from using the WebApi (So it wouldnt be able to handle the amount of traffic we need for real-time info). To be perfectly honest I haven't used Rainmeter actively in a few years, so continuing the development has been 100% for you guys (which I have truly enjoyed :)).

As i have considered other implementations pretty much every time something has broken, I finally decided to dive into the Chromium Embedded Framework that Spotify is built on. Turns out I'm not the first guy to get that idea, and this is where the good news comes in. There is already a working plugin for this. Worked for me with the Monstercat visualizer out of the box.
Download at https://github.com/khanhas/Spicetify.

Thank you for your feedback and help all this time, hope I see you around.
This project and its documentation will now be hosted on Github.

Old releases
~8491dls x64, ~1249dls x86
10/03/2015
Added decimals option on progress meter.

27/03/2015
String encoding fixed.

16/08/2015
Various tweaks, updated for new version of Spotify.
1.0.1.0 - 151dls

20/08/2015
Reducing request frequency.
1.1.1.0 - 1253dls

01/09/2015
Dynamic Spotify finder and automatic webhelper restart.
1.2.0.0 - 20dls
1.2.1.0 - 231dls

04/09/2015
Solved compatibility issues with 0.9 version of Spotify.
Added debug mode.
1.2.2.0 - 1156dls

21/09/2015
Added default cover path option. Some stability improvements.
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.3.0.rmskin
(802.8 KiB) Downloaded 19670 times
29/07/2016
Various fixes and optimization.
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.4.1.rmskin
(821.43 KiB) Downloaded 6841 times
21/09/2016
New type options for TrackURI, AlbumURI and ArtistURI!
SpotifyPlugin_1.2.5.0.rmskin
(819.63 KiB) Downloaded 19824 times
17/03/2017
Modified to work with the latest Spotify updates!
SpoifyPlugin_1.3.0.0.rmskin
(453.82 KiB) Downloaded 17667 times
03/04/2017
Re-enabled logging. No need to update unless you are having issues with the plugin.
SpotifyPlugin_1.3.0.1.rmskin
(436.28 KiB) Downloaded 60928 times
19/11/2017
Switched to SpotifyAPI-net, as there was no clear advantage to my own implementation.
SpotifyPlugin_1.9.3.0.rmskin
(789.71 KiB) Downloaded 12368 times
default.jpg
Default cover
Last edited by .raptor on March 17th, 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 54 times in total.
.raptor

Re: Spotify Plugin Released!

Post by .raptor »

Troubleshooting!

AVG users:
Disable link scanner, as shown in the gif below.
Thanks to benjiman0 for figuring this one out,
and for making such an easy to understand gif of the process.

Long time users:
When I first wrote this plugin, I didn't understand much about how Rainmeter worked. Because of this i asked a lot of users to manually install to their program files folder. This has been causing quite a lot of issues, so you will have to remove it. The correct folder for the plugin is %appdata%\Rainmeter\Plugins\.

Will be expanded after next debugger patch...
Last edited by .raptor on September 20th, 2015, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sassyvapes

Post by sassyvapes »

Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread!

I'm very new to Rainmeter (yesterday!) and would really like to use this plugin as I only use Spotify but I have no idea how to edit the text file for Soita for it to work. :???: :confused:

Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?

Thanks so much :)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

sassyvapes wrote:Hi, I hope you don't mind me posting on your thread!

I'm very new to Rainmeter (yesterday!) and would really like to use this plugin as I only use Spotify but I have no idea how to edit the text file for Soita for it to work. :???: :confused:

Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?

Thanks so much :)
Will upload a edited .ini file for you in a few moment, i just have to fix some bugs I've found. ;-)
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

sassyvapes wrote: Would you be able to tell me exactly what to edit and where - or point me to a tutorial?
Check my updated post above, and download the new version. Then:
  • Go to "My Documents/Rainmeter/Skins/Soita
  • Paste the SoitaSpotify.ini file attached to this post.
  • Restart Rainmeter.
  • You can now right click on the skin, go to variants and chose SoitaSpotify.ini
Hope it works out. :thumbup:
Attachments
SoitaSpotify.zip
(1.27 KiB) Downloaded 10183 times
sassyvapes

Post by sassyvapes »

Fantastic!

Thank you So much for all your help!

It's mostly working great!

My volume doesn't work though, I can't adjust it up or down via Soita and also the album artwork always flashes back to the first song I played before updating to the next song.

They aren't complaints by any means, just thought I would let you know, I'm not sure if it's a problem at the Spotify end or not, just thought I would give you the heads up!

Again, thanks so much, it's great to have a working Spotify skin! :thumbup: :rosegift:
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

Thank you so much :bow:

As far as things are now, the volume will be impossible (at least for me). Some day maybe spotify gets a little kinder to us developers, but that day I'm pretty sure the NowPlaying plugin will cover it anyway :p

I will try to fix the flashing of the image. Unfortunately It has to download every time the song changes. It doesn't consume much traffic, but it takes a little time. Check back once in a while, and maybe i have a fix for it someday :D
Narisha

Post by Narisha »

Hi :-)

First of all, I'm new to the forums, but have been using Rainmeter quiet some time now. And as a frequent Spotify user, I always hoped that some day I would be able to show song progress from Spotify in one of the skins I use. Thanks to your excellent work, this wish could come true for me now. However, I tried the Soita.ini you provided as an example, and things didn't go quiet right with that for me.

While the full length of the song is displayed properly, the elapsed time, the progress bar and the progress in % go completely crazy. I have attached a screenshot that demonstrates the shown behavior. Also, here is the HTTP Link to the song that was playing at the time, although the error occurred regardless of the song that was playing:

Code: Select all

http://open.spotify.com/track/5loN4iyKSewSMnyYTuKoRV
In case it matters, I'm using the newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify. I also made sure that I installed the right version of your Spotify Plugin.

On a side note:

I had an older version (I think it was 3.0, but not 100% sure about that) of Rainmeter installed the first time I testet the plugin. But this version of Rainmeter would immediately crash upon loading your provided Soita.ini and after that Rainmeter wouldn't start again until I removed the SpotifyPlugin.dll from the plugins folder. Updating Rainmeter to the newest version obviously solved that problem.

Again, thank you very much for creating such an awesome plugin. Now if you could help me making it work properly, it would be even more awesome ;-)

Kind regards, Narisha
Attachments
soita rainmeter spotify plugin.png
RexVine

Post by RexVine »

Hey There!

Signed up to the forums just to say thank you and great job on the plugin! Everything works great!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Rex
.raptor

Post by .raptor »

RexVine wrote:Hey There!

Signed up to the forums just to say thank you and great job on the plugin! Everything works great!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

~Rex
Thank you :D
Narisha wrote: In case it matters, I'm using the newest version of Rainmeter (3.1 Beta Release (r2187)) on Windows 7 Home Edition x86 (32-bit) along with the newest Version of Spotify. I also made sure that I installed the right version of your Spotify Plugin.
Thank you so much for your detailed feedback. :)

When i try the 32 bit version on my laptop now, i cant get it to work at all. I will release a new version as soon as i can. :oops: