It is currently April 20th, 2024, 3:09 pm

Rainmeter 3.0 r2106 rc1 installation problem

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Noesis

Rainmeter 3.0 r2106 rc1 installation problem

Post by Noesis »

Trying to install Rainmeter on Win 7 64-bit is producing the following error:

---------------------------
Rainmeter Setup
Visual C++ x64 install failed with error code resolving hostname.

You might want to try downloading the Visual C++ x64 redistributable package manually from http://rainmeter.net/redist

Press OK to exit.
OK

I get this same error after manually downloading & installing the files from the above site as well. Furthermore the first file (2010 c++ redist, asks to repair or uninstall (i.e. it was already installed), naturally I picked repair) while second file (2012 c++ redist update) just installs, regardless of it already being installed.

Right clicking and running the Rainmeter install as admin doesn't change anything either.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to resolve ?
Trozza

Re: Rainmeter 3.0 r2106 rc1 installation problem

Post by Trozza »

I don't have a solution but I do have the exact same problem!

I don't know if it's relevant but I should mention that I have been using 2.3.3 and I was upgrading to version 3.
aviavy

Post by aviavy »

I am also having an install problem. More than likely the same install problem. It's hard to tell, cause the error message I'm receiving is in arabic and I don't know arabic.
It does say something about "Visual C++ x64" and "http://rainmeter.net/redist", hence the reason why assume it's the same error message.
I attached a screenshot.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

aviavy wrote:I am also having an install problem. More than likely the same install problem. It's hard to tell, cause the error message I'm receiving is in arabic and I don't know arabic.
The Arabic issue has been fixed for the next release scheduled for Sunday. I'll try to get the Visual C++ issue sorted by then as well.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Can you try installing Rainmeter 3.0.1? Let me know if that solves your problem.
Bazsay

Post by Bazsay »

poiru wrote:Can you try installing this test version: Rainmeter-3.0.1-r2130-test.exe

Let me know if that solves your problem.
It resolved the problem for me. Thanks!
Trozza

Post by Trozza »

Thanks, this worked for me too.
aviavy

Post by aviavy »

poiru wrote:Can you try installing Rainmeter 3.0.1? Let me know if that solves your problem.
Didn't quite work for me....
Still in Arabic, but looks like a different error message though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

aviavy wrote:Didn't quite work for me....
Still in Arabic, but looks like a different error message though.
That is quite odd. Would it be possible for you to join our IRC channel? It would be easier to figure out what is wrong that way.

I'll be there for about two more hours (after you join the channel, say "poiru: I'm here" or something of that nature and wait for some time). If you miss me today, leave a message here and I'll arrange a later time.