It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:58 pm

A symbol appears every time I use degree symbol.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Virginityrocks

A symbol appears every time I use degree symbol.

Post by Virginityrocks »

Heres a screen. Everytime I use the degrees symbol in the skin it shows this symbol beside it. This has persisted for about a month now, and has continued to happen despite several reinstalls and an unrelated OS reinstall. The strange this is it doesnt seem to happen in any skin but mine.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1825/63368213.png
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
jsmorley
Developer

Re: A symbol appears every time I use degree symbol.

Post by jsmorley »

Virginityrocks wrote:Heres a screen. Everytime I use the degrees symbol in the skin it shows this symbol beside it. This has persisted for about a month now, and has continued to happen despite several reinstalls and an unrelated OS reinstall. The strange this is it doesnt seem to happen in any skin but mine.

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/1825/63368213.png
You need to check to be sure your .ini file is "encoded" as ANSI or UCS-2 Little Endian. Sounds like you might have encoding set to some other flavor of Unicode that is not properly supported.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Correct! It must be because of the editor I'm using. Thanks. Fixed by saving the .INI using Notepad instead of Sublime.
Droptop Four
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Virginityrocks wrote:Correct! It must be because of the editor I'm using. Thanks. Fixed by saving the .INI using Notepad instead of Sublime.
Sublime Text Editor can certainly save files with the appropriate encoding, I think it is a configuration setting, although not sure where as I don't use it.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

It's probably just something I set. I like to play with the settings which helps me learn a program but also leads to me f---ing up the programming. Thanks a lot.
Droptop Four