It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:06 pm

Rainmeter Skins won't open programs. [noob]

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
ZilexFire

Rainmeter Skins won't open programs. [noob]

Post by ZilexFire »

I installed an Animus 2.0 Theme. But skins such as "Chrome" or "VLC Video player" won't open the programs. I tried opening the .ini files to make sure they were opening the programs in the correct dir and even after making sure or changing it so it did, i still can't get it to work. Not sure if I am doing it wrong or if its just plain broken :( Also, I'm completely new to this, never tried Rainmeter before :\
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter Skins won't open programs. [noob]

Post by eclectic-tech »

ZilexFire wrote:I installed an Animus 2.0 Theme. But skins such as "Chrome" or "VLC Video player" won't open the programs. I tried opening the .ini files to make sure they were opening the programs in the correct dir and even after making sure or changing it so it did, i still can't get it to work. Not sure if I am doing it wrong or if its just plain broken :( Also, I'm completely new to this, never tried Rainmeter before :\
Try enclosing your dir path to the .exe inside quotes:
LeftMouseUpAction=["completepathtotheexetorunchrome.exe"]
If there are spaces in the path, this will avoid that error.

Where did you download the skin from? I could not find an Animus 2.0 skin on deviantart or customize... and I do not use any of the versions of this skin which I found (1.2, 2.7 beta, etc.)

Lastly, you could post the code you tried changing inside tags and see if someone can find out why it is not launching.