It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:55 pm

Simple rainmeter personalised installation fon multiple pc's

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Aiby

Simple rainmeter personalised installation fon multiple pc's

Post by Aiby »

I was wanting to install Rainmeter on multiple staff computers. How would i go about personalising this to only copy my newly created .ini file with the installation and to automatically unload all the standard skins that unleash after a usual install. Help please :? ... All suggestions welcome...
Regards,
Aiby
Aiby

Re: Simple rainmeter personalised installation fon multiple

Post by Aiby »

To clarify, I'd like to set this up via a silent install to all computers accross the domain instead of manually unloading each skin and copying my personlised .ini file after every individual installation. Hope this makes sense.

Any takers? :???:
Regards,
Aiby
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

make your own installer.
there are plenty installer systems. this is one: http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page
Aiby

Post by Aiby »

Thanks Alex but i'm now thinking along a different path. How would i perosnalise the executible to only install the system skin?
Regards,
Aiby
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Other option is installing Rainmeter in portable mode, configure it and then just copy it to all computers.
Probably easiest way as well..
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

Aiby wrote:Thanks Alex but i'm now thinking along a different path. How would i perosnalise the executible to only install the system skin?
this again would require to build your own installer. NSIS is pretty easy (if you dare to read the docs).

or you do lysy1993lbn's way. but again you would need to write something that copies the portable folder, puts a shortcut to Rainmeter in the autostart folder, etc.

you should talk to your system administrator. if you don't have one consider hiring somebody from university for this task, because Rainmeter is a pretty open system an not really built for kiosk mode.
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

Aiby

Post by Aiby »

Lysy, this worked great apart from when switching users on a Windows 7 computer, Rainmeter does not load. Any suggestions?
Regards,
Aiby
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Aiby wrote:Lysy, this worked great apart from when switching users on a Windows 7 computer, Rainmeter does not load. Any suggestions?
Add a shortcut to Rainmeter in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Kaelri wrote:Add a shortcut to Rainmeter in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
I have tried this, even went into msconfig, and removed and added the program file location, even removed the one out of startup after install, and moved a copy of the whole .exe file into startup, trying to get this to work.

So far, Rainmeter does not, and will not, start up with my computer loading, I have windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, would appreciate some ideas, love the program, just don't like having to start it from scratch each time I have to reboot or start up the computer. Thanks!