It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:22 pm

Set something in Rainmeter.ini from skin

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
lysy1993lbn

Set something in Rainmeter.ini from skin

Post by lysy1993lbn »

I sorry for asking if something like that is already possible, although I didn't found it in manual..

Would be wonderful if there will be a possiblity to set some variables once skin is loaded first time (and all it's settings are saved in Rainmeter.ini).
And not to set it if skin "section" is already present in Rainmeter.ini

I thought it might be as na new "section" or whatever call it (something like "hedaer" of [Variable] secion in skin).
To look for example

Code: Select all

[setConfig]
FadeDuration=155
StartHidden=1
etc.

BTW. Also option in Rainstaller to adding / resetting skin section in Rainmeter.ini file would be useful in case of instalation an updated skin
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
Klexur

Re: Set something in Rainmeter.ini from skin

Post by Klexur »

lysy1993lbn wrote:Would be wonderful if there will be a possiblity to set some variables once skin is loaded first time (and all it's settings are saved in Rainmeter.ini).
You could try something like this in the [Rainmeter] section of your skin:

OnRefreshAction=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue ConfigName FadeDuration 155 #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini]
Just make sure that you do not place !Refresh in the list of bangs, otherwise your skin will end up in an endless loop of refreshing itself.
The quiet and inquisitive one.
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Klexur wrote:

OnRefreshAction=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue ConfigName FadeDuration 155 #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini]
Do not use this. A change done by the user through the Manage dialog, for example, would be lost due to this.
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

poiru wrote: Do not use this. A change done by the user through the Manage dialog, for example, would be lost due to this.
That's why I asked to introduce some native and "safe" feature for it..
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

lysy1993lbn wrote:That's why I asked to introduce some native and "safe" feature for it..
This has been internally discussed in the past. I agree that it has some merits. In any case, it won't make it into 2.3. We might do something for 2.4.
Klexur

Post by Klexur »

poiru wrote:This has been internally discussed in the past. I agree that it has some merits. In any case, it won't make it into 2.3. We might do something for 2.4.
Seeing as how 2.4 is on the horizon, is there any news on this? I'm still using

OnRefreshAction=!Execute [!WriteKeyValue Konky AnchorX 50% #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini][!WriteKeyValue Konky AnchorY 100% #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini][!WriteKeyValue Konky WindowX 50% #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini][!WriteKeyValue Konky WindowY 100% #SETTINGSPATH#\Rainmeter.ini][!ZPos 2][!Redraw]
to keep a skin truly centered.
The quiet and inquisitive one.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

There are some proposals to implement "default" settings for specific skins. This will not be a part of the Rainmeter 2.4 Final release, but we may get to it during the 2.5 Beta. We have a lot of new stuff in the pipeline right now, so we ask for your patience. :)