It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:09 pm

Recognizing iTunes in a different directory - nowplyaing.dll

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
cgdiaz

Recognizing iTunes in a different directory - nowplyaing.dll

Post by cgdiaz »

Hey all,

I searched around but I didn't see anything similar to my problem. I am trying to set up my iTunes to sync between two computers, and have got most of that sorted out. The problem is, I moved the iTunes folder to a new directory, and now rainmeters nowplaying.dll isn't seeing iTunes activity. Is there a way to change where the plugin looks to see iTunes? Thanks for the help in advance,
lysy1993lbn

Re: Recognizing iTunes in a different directory - nowplyaing

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Have you tried to set PlayerPath= in main NowPlaying measure?
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

cgdiaz wrote:I searched around but I didn't see anything similar to my problem. I am trying to set up my iTunes to sync between two computers, and have got most of that sorted out. The problem is, I moved the iTunes folder to a new directory, and now rainmeters nowplaying.dll isn't seeing iTunes activity. Is there a way to change where the plugin looks to see iTunes? Thanks for the help in advance,
Did you move the iTunes installation folder (with iTunes.exe)? If so, you need to reinstall iTunes (and select your desired target folder during installation).

iTunes registers various information during installation. NowPlaying (and other similar programs/plugins) use this information to communicate with iTunes. By moving the iTunes directory, the iTunes registrations became invalid. The only way to fix this properly is to uninstall iTunes completely and then install it back.
cgdiaz

Post by cgdiaz »

I tried responding right away but the forum was acting funny.

I'm glad to report, after a complete shut down of both systems and restart, functionality came back. I honestly am not sure what caused the glitch, but I can't reproduce it now.