It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:36 pm

[BUG] DesktopWorkArea problem!

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
nekhroLord

[BUG] DesktopWorkArea problem!

Post by nekhroLord »

Hi guys, i'm having problems with Rainmeter. I use windows task bar on the upper side, while on the lower i have a rainmeter customized one. I've established DesktopWorkArea so that the windows are delimited to that area.

The problem is the following; i have to be constantly refreshing Rainmeter because:

If I install a program X, this config just doesn't work, and any window totally maximizes.
The same happens if i unblock the windows task bar, move it, and then block it again. The properties of Rainmeter disappear (not physically) but they don't work, until i refresh.

Help
UnforgivenRevival

Re: [BUG] DesktopWorkArea problem!

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

This is just how Rainmeter works. When you unlock your taskbar and move it, The desktop area changes, And Rainmeter needs to be refreshed to accept the new values. Even if you move your taskbar from one place to another, and back to the starting place, The values have changed twice, And Rainmeter needs to "adjust" to the new(or previous) dimensions. There are other programs, That might change the screen resolution and mess with the values, causing problems. There currently is no way to work around this. However, You can look up a program on google called "DesktopCoral". It does basically the same thing, And is a little more reliable in this case.
mightydr

Post by mightydr »

How about fixing Rainmeter so that DesktopCoral isn't needed ?
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

you can't fix what isn't broken. as UnforgivenRevival said it works as it should. unfortunately it seems that how Rainmeter does it is the wrong approach doing it.

i'd prefer removing the feature.