It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:36 pm

DisableRDP option -- bugs?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
bellyman

DisableRDP option -- bugs?

Post by bellyman »

I Googled and found (probably here) a way to disable Rainmeter when RDPing into a Windows box. Within the Rainmeter.ini:

[Rainmeter]
SkinPath=C:\Users\jeff\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
DisableRDP=1

And it was working but there are some problems.

1) I had disconnected/reconnected a number of times without issues - the widgets did not appear. At some point when I reconnected - Rainmeter crashed. I didn't bother to restart as I wanted it off anyways until I went back to the machine.

2) Today when I was at the PC I merely went and restarted Rainmeter via the start menu
link.

3) This evening I connected to the machine via RDP and it is no longer disabling the widgets - the widgets remain visible. I seem to recall when I first added this option, I had to reboot - which I will need to do. But that alone sounds like a bug - shouldn't "refresh all" and a disconnect/connect of RDP in itself work?

Anyways it appears the crash is where the problem resides. Has anyone else had problems with disabling RDP via this method? If it happens again is there a log or something I should look at and/or forward?

Very handy feature.

Thanks all.
belly

Rainmeter: 2.3.3 r1522 64-bit (Jul 3 2012)
bellyman

Re: DisableRDP option -- bugs?

Post by bellyman »

After my post I eventually rebooted the RDP PC and then connected - the widgets were not visible (again that setting only takes effect during a complete program restart not a refresh method). This AM I connected and it crashed.

After the crash I restarted via the Program menu shortcut and Rainmeter started (system tray) and no widgets appeared. Quit RDP and restarted - once connected widgets still were not showing.

So some bug.

Edit: Even just flipping between base and RDP machine will cause Rainmeter to crash - not a "the minute the machine connects" problem.

Edit: Will aim at providing a crashdump (using 64bit)

"Rainmeter has stopped working"

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Rainmeter.exe
Application Version: 2.3.3.1522
Application Timestamp: 4ff2e366
Fault Module Name: Rainmeter.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.3.3.1522
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ff2e361
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000046ef6
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7ffb
Additional Information 2: 7ffbfea24330305ef2b144530c605156
Additional Information 3: 1d22
Additional Information 4: 1d22c12d3871f02cd07add6351c2abca

Read our privacy statement online .......