It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:07 pm

Network Problem

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Network Problem

Post by jsmorley »

danpotter wrote:@jsmorley

hey your way of explaining this thing is really awsome..,thank you verymuch for spending time for my post..,

i did some tests and i too found normal rainmeter is not using any internet,it just showing the data transfer between my modem and pc :)

now finally i would like to end this topic by asking a small favour from you people...

as it is found that i shouldnt use theme that uses net,please suggest me some best themes list that which dont have stuff that uses my net..you people are verymuch aware of the themes,thatswhy im asking you..please help me..,then we can happily close this topic.. :)
Glad I could help.

There really is no good answer to your last question. There are thousands of skins for Rainmeter out there, and "best themes" is just so subjective, so based on your tastes and needs, that anyone who answers is just wasting your time.

What I would do is hit: http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/sysmonitor/rainmeter/?order=9 and find some skins that appeal to you. That is ordered by "most popular" which I suppose has some correlation to "best" (although I would propose that many TV shows like "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" put lie to that theory).

Install them and fire them up and don't worry about the network at first. Once you have a setup you like, just unload any skins that are accessing the network. Obvious culprits are "weather skins", "email skins". and "news / rss skins".

You can also edit any skin you are not sure of (just right click it and say "edit skin") and search for "WebParser". If that word exists in the skin, it is sure to be using the network. If not, it is sure not to be. Simple...
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

i wonder if just visiting this topic wouldn't use way more bandwidth than a common Rainmeter setup would do in a day (or week).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Alex Becherer wrote:i wonder if just visiting this topic wouldn't use way more bandwidth than a common Rainmeter setup would do in a day (or week).
LOL... Yeah, but for him it's an "investment".

P.S. Alex, you win this week's "pithy comeback" award! :-)