It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:20 pm

couple questions

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
dypfla01

couple questions

Post by dypfla01 »

hey everyone im kinda new to rainmeter and using it so.. couple questions about some of the stuff.

1) how do i get it so that my old task bar stops coming back? like i have it hidden but when my mouse gets close to it, it pops up.

2) how can i change the weather so that it uses my weather?
Mordasius

Re: couple questions

Post by Mordasius »

dypfla01 wrote:1) how do i get it so that my old task bar stops coming back? like i have it hidden but when my mouse gets close to it, it pops up.
There is software like Hide Taskbar, Taskbar Controller or Taskbar Eliminator that hide the taskbar but not the Start Button. But please be aware that you can't replace the Windows taskbar and system tray with Rainmeter skins.
dypfla01 wrote:2) how can i change the weather so that it uses my weather?
You probably need to set the weather code for your location. Have a look at this thread and come back and ask again if that doesn't help. Please note that it will be easier to help if you tell us what weather skin you are using.
dypfla01

Post by dypfla01 »

im using the elegance weather but i cant find the RSS thing on the yahoo weather site
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Yahoo revamped their weather site quite a bit since then. You can find info on the old rss feed here: http://developer.yahoo.com/weather/
I'm assuming what they say there is still valid. The feed url that is provided there does work. I'm using it in one of my skins.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
dypfla01

Post by dypfla01 »

can i change the color of the skins? and if so how?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

First, I'd advise you to take a look at Rainmeter 101 and the skin tutorials. They will give you a better understanding of how Rainmeter skins work, which will make editing them a lot easier.

Theoretically, you can change any color in any skin, but unless the creator has implemented a special way of changing them, you'll need to edit the ini files yourself. Some skin authors collect all their colors in an include file (often with an .inc extension, but you can open it like any other text file). Others set them on the different meters manually. You'll need to inspect each skin individually to find out what you need to change.

If the skin uses images rather than just plain colors, it's a little more complicating. If the image only has one color, you might be able to re-color it with Rainmeter (see the ImageTint, Greyscale and ColorMatrix settings in the documentation for the Image meter). If the image has multiple colors, you'll probably have to change it in an image editor like gimp, Photoshop or the like.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!