It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:24 pm

Filling in forms issue

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
chimico

Filling in forms issue

Post by chimico »

I have an issue with filling in forms. So, for example, I can't change most settings on Enigma, and the google search buttons won't work for me.
I tried this on my laptop, too, and everything's fine; as I can see, when I click on forms, instead of a text box to type in, nothing appears.
My desktop is brand new so I may miss some kind of software... I already have .NET 4 anyway. I'd highly appreciate your help!
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Filling in forms issue

Post by Kaelri »

I would first try completely uninstalling and reinstalling Rainmeter, to make sure all the required components are properly configured.

If that doesn't work, try getting the .NET and Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable packages and installing them manually.
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

What Kaelri said will probably solve your problem, but in case it doesn't, I found this OLD solved issue, which says that the 2.0 Net framework may be still required. Of course, the packages that Kaelri suggested should include all the necessary libraries, so try his instructions first.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
chimico

Post by chimico »

Fixed!
I've tried what Kaelri suggested, but it didn't work;
it seems the solution was installing a previous version of .Net, like KreAch3R suggested; i tried 3.5 and now it seems to work fine.
I'm so glad it works, thank you for your help!
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Is there some kind of incompatibility between InputText and new versions of .NET? Maybe someone should look into this...
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!