It is currently April 28th, 2024, 12:15 pm

Chrome "new profile bug"

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
theskinnyman

Chrome "new profile bug"

Post by theskinnyman »

I'm having a problem using the launchers in enigma when they have to open webpages in Chrome. They were working fine up to a day or so ago when I started to get blank pages with a pop-up that said I was using a different profile or something along those lines. Any help would be great thanks.

Edit: The pop up message reads "Your profile can not be used because it is from a newer version of Google Chrome. Some features may be unavailable. Please specify a different profile directory or use a newer version of Chrome."
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Chrome "new profile bug"

Post by Kaelri »

Can you give an example of an exact command or address that causes this problem?
theskinnyman

Post by theskinnyman »

I went into the options ini. and put this in the location line of apps "http://www.twitch.tv/". It was working before but it suddenly just stopped. I've done some more research and I don't think it's on rainmeter's end. The launcher works fine if I set IE to my default browser; it's just not my preferred browser.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I wish I could help you, but this sounds more like a problem with Chrome than with Rainmeter. I would try disabling your extensions to see if one of them is interfering with links, or, if all else fails, reinstall Chrome.
theskinnyman

Post by theskinnyman »

Yeah maybe... Thank you so much for your time though :)